We ask for £250 per advert if you aren’t a member – find out more about company membership – if you have a job or other opportunity to share or want to know more about any of the listings below then email us email@example.com
Bugsnag are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their Bath-based team. We met some of the lovely Bugsnaggers when they helped fund our Diversity in Tech event in June, so we believe them when they say they welcome people with “all experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds” as this will “lead to a finer environment for our employees, our products, and our community.” So, the we are advertising is in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), an “engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems”. Have a read below to get an initial idea of what they are looking for, and if it suits you then tidy up your cv and check out more details on their application page: APPLY HERE.
- Ensure that all the microservices at Bugsnag are observable, introducing monitoring in the right places to help us have visibility into what is happening in our production systems.
- Influence the design of new and existing microservices to ensure they will be observable, stable and performant.
- Maintain our databases and help to keep them performant by making changes to their configuration and deployment, as well as looking into the system’s usage of them.
- Automate tasks to keep the Bugsnag systems resilient with minimal manual intervention.
- You have 5+ years of engineering experience
- You have the ability to take ownership of all stages of a project from architecture/design through implementation to delivery
- You have experience with multiple datastores (we use MongoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch)
- You are willing to go the extra mile to make other developers more efficient
- You have strong communication skills
- You are comfortable working with and maintaining a Linux or other *nix flavor system
Salary will be £50-65k depending on experience. APPLY HERE.
Bristol-based roles with Adarga – this London/Bristol AI software company working with government and financial services, looking for Full Stack Developers:
We are looking for talented and unique software engineers to join our team working across a modern, web-focused technology stack. We work in a fast-paced environment, utilising agile development practices to develop quality, production-ready code to go into crucial applications.
Every member of the Adarga Engineering team is responsible;
- Scalability, performance, security and delivery of our analytics platform in the cloud and on customer sites
- Delivering against our product roadmap
- Bringing something unique to the culture making Adarga a fun and exciting place to work
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be designing developing the services that underpin our data analytics framework, transitioning research from our in-house Data Science team into client facing product.
The role specifications:
- Strong University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering, Maths or Science from a reputable institution.
- Strong communications skills in English.
- Ability to quickly adopt and leverage new technologies.
- Ability to work as part of an agile, product-focused, software development team
- Must have experience of:
- API design
- Agile software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Modern DevOps/CI toolsets (Git, Jenkins, Gradle, Docker, Ansible, etc.)
- Database technologies (MongoDB, Neo4J, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Cassandra, etc.)
- Usage of open-source software and an appreciation of related licensing constraints
- Beneficial if you possess experience of:
- Other widely used functional/OO programming languages e.g. Scala, Go, Ruby, C/C++, C#
- Microservices architecture
- Continuous Deployment
- Machine learning / NLP
- MapReduce computing engines (Spark, Hadoop)
- Cloud computing services (Amazon, Google)
- Message queue technologies (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.)
Applicants must possess a valid UK passport as proof of right to work in the UK or a valid UK work permit. Adarga is an equal opportunities employer and is fully compliant with UK employment legislation.
To apply: Submit your CV, salary expectations and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in working with Adarga and what makes you unique.
There’s a chance to meet Ettie Eyre & Alex Pengilly at our F3F coffetalk 11am on Friday 29th September to find out more about working there – We like that Adarga have a great diversity statement on their website, and are keen to hire a range of people. More info here
Cheltenham based Ripjar pride themselves on being a diverse, friendly and collaborative tech company and are currently hiring, with roles as Forward Deployed Engineer, UX Designer and Full Stack Engineer available in either Bristol or Cheltenham. Ripjar are looking for people who want to be part of a team that values innovation, self-motivation and working collaboratively. Click on the links above to read the job descriptions ~ if you have any informal questions about any of the roles then do contact charlotte.szostek[AT]ripjar.com
Take a look at the slides from our Midwinter Social for a recent round up of local jobs in tech with small and large companies, including Dyson, Oracle, bluwireless, webgains, forgerock, softwire.
IMDb – the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, used by millions of people every day. We have a vast data set, tons of passionate users and are constantly improving the experience on our site. We are currently looking for talented people in our Bristol, Seattle and Los Angeles offices … ”
Open Bionics is recruiting for several roles in their team designing bionic limbs. They are a very friendly and talented bunch and it is worth getting in touch for a chat – they are very keen to have a diverse team working there. They are currently looking for a mechanical / biomedical engineer and are also looking to hire another electronics engineer.
Database administrator wanted at Webgains in their Bristol office:
Working with MySQL (InnoDB, Percona), PHP, implementing latest technologies in the MySQL ecosystem including Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6 (Galera Cluster). Design, optimize, and maintain any of MySQL / MariaDB / Percona / Galera databases (including reporting and monitoring). Experienced with Amazon Web Services (API automation, Virtual Private Clouds and optimizations for databases). Full Red Hat / Centos / Amazon / Debian Linux support. Author of bash scripts framework to provide quick and effective maintenance services for servers in the Cloud.
Bristol ~ Digital Creative Agency Extra Strong are looking for front end web developers. Tell them we sent you! Here’s the link
Trio of technical roles with friendly IT Services team at Bristol University. Closing date for all is 20th October. Click on the links below.
Job title: 3D artist
Job description: 3D artist with animation skills needed to work on VR/AR projects in Bristol. If you are interested please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job title: Full Stack developer – ideally full time, fixed term.
Job description: Looking for an up and coming developer to help continue to build a Hub for our company to work within, incorporating everything from database to design. Finding someone who has experience in all of the below requirements would be preferable, but we would also be interested in someone who learns quickly and has partial experience.
Python and Django
HTML and CSS
Some knowledge of nginx
Ability to work with APIs and crete custom API with Tastypie or similar
Problem solving and system design to find creative solutions to bespoke specifications.
Contact info: email@example.com