Change of Plans:
Bristol GGD is with now dining with Graphcore on the 27th.
Simpleweb & WTHub
A screening of Maiden + Satellite Q&A with Tracy Edwards in celebration of International Women’s Day. It is being screened at the Little Theatre, Bath on Thursday 7 March at 18.00.
Maiden tells the inspirational story of how Tracy Edwards, a 24-year-old cook on charter boats, became the skipper of the first ever all-female crew to enter the Whitbread Round the World Race in 1989.
Tracy’s dream met opposition on all sides: her male competitors thought an all-women crew would never make it; the chauvinistic yachting press took bets on her failure; potential sponsors rejected her, fearing they would die at sea and generate bad publicity. But Tracy refused to give up: she re-mortgaged her home and bought a second-hand boat, putting everything on the line to ensure the team made it to the start line. With the support of her remarkable crew, she went on to shock the sport and prove that women are the equal of men.”
We’re working hard on our Tech Careers Fair Tech3Shed in Bristol in conjunction with the HBB and Desklodge House on the 15th and 16th March. Sign up on
News & Events coming up
We’re setting up our next Social on International Women’s Day and we will be mostly talking COCKTAILS!! We figure as we spend all year talking and supporting women that international women’s day we can treat as a day off. A bit like Mothering Sunday we will be expecting breakfast in bed and a day off from talking about it all, so let’s go to the pub and talk other stuff. Men are welcome on our socials btw(not sure that its recommended but we do actually quite like talking geek)
- It seems like Cyber Security is taking over it seems – On the 4th April
theresthe major security recruitment fair securityclearedjobsand then in June bsidesis coming to town – “The south-west’s all newcommunity-driven and industry-supported cyber securityconference hosted in sunny Bristol 20th – 21st June 2019 at the UWE”
- We have
15% Discount on Data Protection & GDPR with OSPCyber trainingin March and April.
- How can we sense when we make bad security decisions? An Adafruit Circuit P… March 4th
- International Women’s week is coming up so Bristol Women’s Voice may be worth signing up to now
This Weeks happenings
District 1 – Bristol
Monday the 18th
- Bristol – PopUp Business School | Making Money From Your Passion
Tuesday the 19th
- Disrupting the system: Bringing
the humanityback into business – and why not?
- Our Data Bristol. Fair and Inclusive – another nice one and data too – what’s not to love?
- It’s CodeHub’s HackNight and we will be there with our Charity project (and a website to finally start hacking!)
- Big Data Bristol have Tim Vincent – Apache Kafka and KSQL in Action!
- Women In Film: Talk with Tara Judah
Wednesday the 20th
- Smart Railways & Smarter Cities is this month’s BCS meetup
- Bristol co-workers at the Prince street social
- 1:2:1 – IP Clinic – Bristol
Thursday the 21st
- Co-working at Framework
- GetSocial: Networking for the Micro and SME Community by
Getset for Growth
- The Emergence of Voice – Voice Search and Voice Assistants, Bristol
- NatWest Entrepreneur Accelerator – Bristol Hub Tour
- Office 365 and SharePoint workshop
- CRM Workshop (Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- Intellectual Property Know-How for Small Businesses
District 2 – Bath
Tuesday the 19th Free SEO workshop in Bath: Online marketing as a business model
District 3 – Weston-Super-Mare
FreeThreeFridays & Other stuff
Our regular Friday, women only networking courtesy of Desklodge continues after the xmas break on the 11th January. Simply join up here F3F and Womens Tech Jobs are available if you want to chat careers or training.
If you have any events that you want us to mention on our next Blogpost contact us on email@example.com.