Women’s Tech Hub in collaboration with UWE
April the 28th 2022 @ The Watershed, Central Bristol
Women’s Tech Hub is proud to present a one day conference in collaboration with UWE Bristol. Rather than it being a conference for people in the field, this is a conference for people interested in Data Science and learning what it’s about, how to transfer into the field and generally what it’s about.
Our Feature pictures will be based on disciplines that use Data science. This weeks is Aquaponics.
Return of GirlGeekDinners
Also coming back in ‘the real’ on the 24th of February courtesy of scottlogic.
A Problem Solving Toolkit or Why we’re much more useful than we think we are!
Laura Warren talks us through how she’s tackling problems and navigating a non-linear career in tech.
Laura Warren has developed the concept of a Problem Solving Toolkit which enables her to apply experiences outside of technical roles to the challenges she’s encountered as a Developer. As she re-launches herself as a Business Analyst on an upcoming assignment, she’d like to share how this approach has enabled her to forge a non-traditional career path, through recounting personal stories and experiences.
Check out our event page for joining details.
Enterprising Women 2.0 Showcase 15 February, 6-7 pm
SETsquared Bristol are delighted to showcase 18 women-led startups that have been supported by the Natwest funded Enterprising Women 2.0 Pre-Incubation programme. The programme helps innovative early stage women-led businesses access elements of SETsquared’s world-class business support and work towards commercialisation.
All are invited to tune in for this live streamed pitching event to find out more about the progression of this diverse cohort of exciting startups, from health tech to sustainability solutions.
Please book here – Register to attend @SETsquared_Br’s #EnterprisingWomen showcase, a live streamed pitching event on 15 February, celebrating the progress of 18 exciting #startups from our cohort, with businesses ranging from #healthtech to #greentech
International Day of Women and Girls in Science
It was last week on the 11th – whoops, sorry we missed it (as you can see we are busy setting up events). Heres and interesting piece though about why we exist and why you should join us:
Women accounted for one in three (33%) researchers in 2018. They have achieved parity (in numbers) in life sciences in many countries and even dominate this field, in some cases. However, women remain a minority in digital information technology, computing, physics, mathematics and engineering. These are the fields that are driving the digital revolution and so, many of the jobs of tomorrow.
Free Online Robotics Courses
Shamelessly ‘borrowed’ from this Asian robotics website (someones spent some serious time finding these by the look of it):
- CS 223A – Introduction to Robotics, Stanford University
- 6.832 Underactuated Robotics – MIT OCW
- CS287 Advanced Robotics at UC Berkeley Fall 2019 — Instructor: Pieter Abbeel
- CS235 – Applied Robot Design for Non-Robot-Designers – Stanford University
- CS 205A: Mathematical Methods for Robotics, Vision, and Graphics (Fall 2013)
- Robot Mechanics and Control, SNU
- Introduction to Robotics Course – UNCC
- SLAM Lectures
- Introduction to Vision and Robotics 2015/16- University of Edinburgh
- ME 597 – Autonomous Mobile Robotics – Fall 2014
- ME 780 – Perception For Autonomous Driving – Spring 2017
- ME780 – Nonlinear State Estimation for Robotics and Computer Vision – Spring 2017
- METR 4202/7202 — Robotics & Automation – University of Queensland
- Robotics – IIT Bombay
- Introduction to Machine Vision
- 6.834J Cognitive Robotics – MIT OCW
- Hello (Real) World with ROS – Robot Operating System – TU Delft
- Programming for Robotics (ROS) – ETH Zurich
- Mechatronic System Design – TU Delft
- CS 206 Evolutionary Robotics Course Spring 2020
- Foundations of Robotics – UTEC 2018-I
- Robotics – Youtube
- Robotics and Control: Theory and Practice IIT Roorkee
- ME142 – Mechatronics Spring 2020 – UC Merced
- Mobile Sensing and Robotics – Bonn University
- MSR2 – Sensors and State Estimation Course (2020) – Bonn University
- SLAM Course (2013) – Bonn University
- ENGR486 Robot Modeling and Control (2014W)
- Robotics by Prof. D K Pratihar – IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to Mobile Robotics – SS 2019 – Universität Freiburg
- Robot Mapping – WS 2018/19 – Universität Freiburg
- Mechanism and Robot Kinematics – IIT Kharagpur
- Self-Driving Cars – Cyrill Stachniss – Winter 2020/21 – University of Bonn)
- Mobile Sensing and Robotics 1 – Part Stachniss (Jointly taught with PhoRS) – University of Bonn
- Mobile Sensing and Robotics 2 – Stachniss & Klingbeil/Holst – University of Bonn
If you are interested in any of our candidates please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. If any of you are looking for jobs then feel free to send us your requirements and we can put you on our candidate’s list.
Job(s) of the Week
There are some top jobs from our clients wanting to make a difference and ensure that they reach out to recruit a more diverse workforce. Please take a look and contact them if you are interested as often companies are open to discussing other openings with potential candidates also. For now, check out all of the jobs on our jobs board and get in touch if you want to reach out to our members at email@example.com.
As mentioned above – we’re back with Workshop Wednesdays in “the real” this week sign up Workshop Wednesdays in ‘the real’ or CodeHub @WorkshopWednesdays: “in the real”. You can check all other happenings on our events page.
Its Half-term this week so a bit scarce on the events front
PHP UK Conference february 16th – 18th 2022
The largest dedicated PHP event in Europe, PHP UK welcomes hundreds of leading developers to London for three days of workshops, talks, networking and socials. Join us for an event packed with up-to-date content about PHP development and related technologies in a comfortable and professional setting.
ICETISRS 2022: 16. International Conference on Education, Technology Integration and Student Response Systems February 15-16, 2022
International Conference on Education, Technology Integration and Student Response Systems aims to bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Education, Technology Integration and Student Response Systems.
NASSCOM Technology & Leadership Forum 2022|Shaping the Techade: The New Now and the Next 17th of February
NASSCOM flagship conference, “NASSCOM Technology & Leadership Forum” (NTLF) Asia’s biggest platform brings together global leaders, influencers, start-ups, and analysts to discuss and celebrate the impact of technology in shaping our future. The forum witnesses more than 1,500 delegates and top leaders from across the world.
Roundtable for Embedding standards and pathways across the cyber profession by 2025 Consultation 17th of February
Others coming up that we have spotted you can find here.
As a suggestion from one of our lovely members (Thanks Gabs #1!), we have also set up a “buymeacoffee” page for those wanting to give us a small thank-you. Check it out here.
Women’s Tech Hub products
Candidates page advertises the skillsets of the women we have looking for roles in the area (and some of our male allies).
Jobs Board for those wanting to advertise specifically to our members in the area – check it out here.