I’ll be Back South West
June 2019’s I’ll Be Back South West is going to be a colourful summer riot of knowledge and wisdom. In the usual convivial fun-filled style that you’ve come to know and love. And we’re back at the coolest club in town: THE SQUARE CLUB.
It’s a monthly meet-up for people interested in the impact of artificial intelligence/machine learning/technology on the creative process in the ad industry. Each month we have three/four/five guest speakers from brands, startups, agencies and academia to share their perspective on creative AI.
If you’re having troubled thoughts like ‘Is that machine text generator better than me’ or ‘I wonder if I’ll lose my job to a robot?’ or ‘What the hell is a GAN anyway?’, then this is definitely the event for you. You will receive the gift of new, exciting information planted in your brain, and leave excited and inspired about the future.
On that note
We had a meeting with the wonderful Tiny Giants team (from I’ll be back) last week and it looks like they are keen to work with us on the Bristol Tech Fair (currently setting up the site!) alongside Technotopia, our Tech3shed careers fair and WISE and possibly with some collaboration with TEDxBristol. It’s all in early planning stages but we are VERY excited about what we will come up with – and we would love any volunteers to let us know if they want to help on the day – mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have our next Workshop Wednesdays event this week and we will have Pitching yourself, your business, or your idea. (Bristol) by Meet & Speak , we are happy to host other groups and of course any companies wanting to engage, help with pizzas or workshops.
is this week 4-6 June 2019 at Sansovino Hall, Bristol Harbour Hotel, 53-55 Corn St, Bristol BS1 1HT and we also have an extra discount on tickets for our female members you can get your tickets here – mail us for discount which sees an extra 30% of the women in tech price.
News & events coming up
- Pixel Pioneers Bristol 7 June
- Social Media Week 10 – 14th June
- b-sides “The south-west’s all-new community-driven and industry-supported cybersecurity conference hosted in sunny Bristol” 20th – 21st June 2019 at UWE
This Weeks happenings
District 1 – Bristol
Monday the 3rd
- Apple WWDC 2019 – Keynote by SWmobile
- Bristol ID&D meetup #1 by Bristol Inclusive Design & Development
Tuesday the 4th
- WebDev101 by CodeHub Bristol
- Casual co-working at the Tobacco Factory by Bristol Co-Workers
- Tour de France to Project Data Analytics; Cutting edge approaches to data by Bristol Project Data Analytics Meetup
- How to clean up a hacked site and how to perform a pentest by Bristol WordPress People
- Developing your Brand Profile
- I’ll Be Back South West – Creativity, AI and Ads
Wednesday the 5th
- Workshop Wednesdays by Women’s Tech Hub ~ Bristol
- Casual Co-working At Prince Street Social by Bristol Co-Workers
- Pitching yourself, your business, or your idea. (Bristol) by Meet & Speak
- S/W LIT – Agile adoption and
benefit realisationby S/W LIT (South West Leaders in Tech)
- Placeholder- Talk from Anouska by Women Who Code Bristol
- Searching for a UK Geological Disposal Facility
- How to delight your users with micro-interaction design
- TechFusion 2019
- Developing and Running a Facebook Strategy
Thursday the 6th
- Tech Chat: Networking & Beer by Silicon Gorge – Tech Connect: Networking & Beers
- #60 DAN SCHIEN – MODERN APPROACHES TO TEACHING SW ENG / ALAN FURLONG – TEAMWORK by
- Wellbeing In The Workplace #natwestboost
Friday the 7th
- Our regular Friday, women only networking courtesy of Desklodge F3F is Back with Careers support courtesy of Women’s Tech Jobs and ADLIB
- Startup 54: Mind Matters
Saturday the 8th
District 2 – Bath
Thursday the 6th
District 3 – Weston-Super-Mare
Tuesday the 4th
Did we miss anything?
If you have any events that you want us to mention on our next