Looks like we are taking an enforced break for the foreseeable future while we watch the city and country react to the Coronavirus impact. There’s some great datasets in the MIT update here for those bored data people out there to play with, for the rest of you we suspect we will bump into you in B & Q / Ikea /garden centre or in the supermarket queues when you realise you forgot to stock up on chocolate oranges!
Update on our Events
So for Women’s Tech Hub & CodeHub’s Workshop Wednesdays – we have to announce cancellations as Desklodge have very sensibly cancelled external events, they’ve suggested it’s just for March – however, we will keep the events for April open but are playing those by ear so we really don’t know 🤷♀️! Keep an eye on the codehub slack as they may run some remote sessions…
For the Bristol GirlGeekDinners at the ACCU – there is no longer an ACCU conference 😢 they were very good and happy to support until the very end with sponsorship from Bloomberg even though they were not coming! So big thanks to the ACCU conference and Bloomberg and sorry that you have to cancel! We’ll try and put together an alternative dissemination event later in the year if we can and look forward to ACCU 2021!
Free Three Fridays (f3F)
Currently, we are continuing with these as they are limited in numbers and Desklodge is still open for co-working. If these do get cancelled we will be happy to meet with members in other public spaces to continue with our support for you. Please keep an eye out for the updates and if you would like to meet up individually during this period (all members) please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and arrange a meeting.
While we are still running the fridays then please follow:
- If you think you may have flu, please do not come in
- Please frequently wash/sanitise your hands
- If coughing or sneezing, ensure it’s into your elbow or a tissue and avoid touching your face (we know its the start of hayfever season)
- Avoid being tactile i.e. handshaking, kissing, hugging etc (this is just us generally, can we keep this longterm please?)
- If you have come back off holiday in the last 14 days (from anywhere really) please do not attend … we also have holiday envy!
- We don’t have pizzas on fridays but if we did: we would cut the pizzas cleanly so you can pick up slices and not ‘tear and share’
Most importantly – support the people that made need help are they in isolation? do they need provisions? And most of all stay well out there 😷
We advertise any conference details we spot on our conference page – we’ll give you highlights here (our events and ones with offers come first and loudest obviously!)
Currently, we will turn this into a list of the status of the conferences:
- ACCU 2020 CANCELLED – returns in 2021
- 9th ACCIS CDT and 1st CoSEM CDT Annual Conference POSTPONED
- KNOWLEDGE FLOW: Building bridges between science & community – CANCELLED
- Nuclear engineering for safety, control and security – March the 26th: Currently still running
- 50th Intelligent Sensing Program – Sensing in Precision Medicine and Digital Health by The Knowledge Transfer Network – March the 26th
- NIHR Bristol Biomedical Research Centre Scientific Away Day 2020 – Mon, Mar 30th
- Digital Gaggle Conference – April the 23rd
- NIHR ARC West launch – April the 24th
- Pixel Pioneers Bristol – 12th June
- Changing the World Through Sustainable Technologies — A vision for 2050 – June the 22nd
- Cobot Automation Tour 2020 | Bath – June the 23rd
- The Fourth International Workshop on Socio-gerontechnology by NIHR Bristol Biomedical Research Centre – June the 29th
- GW4 Water Security Alliance 2020 Annual Conference – July the 2nd
This Week’s happenings
District 1 – Bristol
Monday the 16th
Tuesday the 17th
Wednesday the 18th
- Techie Brekkie #16 | The rise of Python in Data Science by Techie Brekkie Bristol
- Casual Co-working At Prince Street Social by Bristol Co-Workers
- The what, why and how of…Evolution!
Thursday the 19th
- Taster session at Framework by Bristol Co-Workers
- Thermal Management in Thermoset Composites Workshop
Friday the 20th
District 2 – Bath
Tuesday the 17th
Did we miss anything?
If you have any events that you want us to mention on our next
As a suggestion from one of our lovely members (Thanks Gabs #1!), we have also set up a “buymeacoffee” page for those wanting to give us a small thank-you. Check it out here.
Women’s Tech Hub products
Our Candidates page advertises the skillsets of the women we have looking for roles in the area (and some of our male allies).
We have a Jobs Board for those wanting to advertise specifically to our members in the area – check it out here.
If you want to engage with our members, advertise your companies and share any jobs then you can support us by sponsoring the Workshop Wednesdays – details here.