A big thanks to all our lovely sponsors and volunteers that came to our tech3shed careers fair on Saturday, you are what makes it worth it. We had some great discussions and it was brilliant to also see so many of our women who have got back into the industry and see you all doing so well!
We’re super excited to be partnered with TEDx Bristol and will be there on the 17th to meet all the lovely attendees and speakers.
There is a brilliant line up of speakers for this year’s TEDxBristol!
They are an unbelievably inspiring group of individuals with a whole spectrum of ideas, from how we tackle antibiotic resistance, to rebooting the way we teach young people about sex, or the fashion industry’s attitude to disabled people. These really are Bristol’s trailblazers and innovators.
You can be there and join them at Reflect: Rethink: Reboot on 17 November at Bristol Old Vic – a day of live inspirational talks and activities focused on not just surviving, but thriving in uncertain times. Tickets are on sale now!
Tech-wise theres a talk from Paul Wiseall from DEATH.io which helps plan around things such as your digital death, Drew Benvie talking about how to reboot social media and Stephanie Campbell CEO of Bristol-based OKKO Health rethinking how we approach health in the digital age. There’s loads of other great speakers there too that should pique your interest and you can use our discount as one of our members TEDXFRIEND19.
We are pleased to announce our final Girl Geek Dinners meetup of the year will be at Cookpad on the 14th of November. We are really excited to have Viki Johnson for GGD #79 User Experience in AR – sign up here. It’s our first ever visit to cookpad and we know they have a super cool kitchen so we really can’t wait.
Our next Workshop Wednesday is on the 20th November and is always open to companies wishing to run workshops and engage in exchange for pizzas!
~ Speakers Corner: Let us know if you are interested in practising a talk in front of a friendly audience
Bath GirlGeek Dinners is back on the 26th with BGGD Reloaded #10 – Anthropology + Technology AND Networking hosted by Bath Spa Uni’s new Enterprise and Innovation Hub at Palace Yard Mews.
November the 19th sees the Bristol Women in Robotics annual event at the University of Bristol
The Bristol Women in Robotics network invites you to its next event which will take place at Queen’s building at the University of Bristol on Tuesday, the 19th of November, 18:30 – 20:30.It will be an evening of talks and Q&A panel, followed by networking over some refreshments and nibbles.Our speakers will be Prof. Weiru Liu, Dr Anne Roudaut, Ms Cara Williamson, Ms Beth Mackey and Miss Ana Rubio Denniss. Everyone is welcome, but please register early as tickets are limited.
We advertise any conference details we spot on our conference page – we’ll give you highlights here (our events and ones with offers come first and loudest obviously!)
This Week’s happenings
District 1 – Bristol
Monday the 11th
- Day of rest .. although we will be at the Innovate Party!
Tuesday the 12th
- Free Session at OneUp Coworking by Bristol Co-Workers
- Hack Night by CodeHub Bristol
- ExpertTalks Bristol by ExpertTalks Bristol
- BristolR November 2019 by Bristol R User Group
- ‘UX and Agile. Is dual track development the best way to go?’ by SWUX – South West User Experience
- South West Data Social by South West Data
- Escape Rooms For Team Building, an Interactive Talk with Pete George by Agile Bath & Bristol
- ReDisCoveR Composites
- Berkeley Nuclear Laboratories: A Historical Perspective
- Regional Cool Talks Breakfast Briefing- South West & South Wales
- STEM Ambassador Training Session
- The current trends & business opportunities in the EdTech industry in China
Wednesday the 13th
- Casual Co-working At Prince Street Social by Bristol Co-Workers
- Lightning talks by PHPSW
- SW Founders – How to Build a Board: Nick Sturge by South West Founders
- Is there any progress in the fight against antimicrobial resistance?
- Bristol Heart Institute 3rd Annual Specialist Research Institute Meeting
- South West : DEBATE: Informed Design or information overload
- Climate Emergency: Developing your organisation’s response
- IT for Work
Thursday the 14th
- GGD #79 User Experience in AR by Viki Johnson – sponsored by Cookpad by Bristol Girl Geek Dinners
- Free co-working at Framework by Bristol Co-Workers
- 2nd Product Lunch Club 🥪 – Bristol by Product Lunch Club – Bristol
- Digital Developer Conference : AI & Cloud by IBM Code Bristol
- ProductTank Bristol #18 by ProductTank Bristol
- World Usability Day : Drinks ! by Bristol Usability Group
- Containers and Threat Modelling by OWASP Bristol (UK) Chapter
- Curve Talks: Building a FinTech Product
- Robotics & Art
Friday the 15th
District 2 – Bath
Thursday the 14th
Did we miss anything?
If you have any events that you want us to mention on our next