Call for exhibitors Bristol Tech Fair 2019
“Bristol’s first Tech Fair is here, and we are inviting local
Bristol Tech Fair 2019 is a FREE event, a celebration of the best technology in our city and an invitation to young people and families to learn, interact and get excited about the opportunities that new technologies are bringing into our lives.
We are a featured event part of Bristol Technology Festival, organised in collaboration with Engine Shed, Women’s Tech Hub, Wise Campaign and other local organisations working in partnership to make technology accessible to our communities in Bristol and beyond.
We are looking for companies eager to come down and teach the next generation just how exciting the world of Tech is. If you are supporting STEM outreach or have some exciting fun stuff that you want to share, then please get in touch as this is the perfect platform for you! Companies simply wishing to support are also very welcome to sponsor so that we can make this a great fun event and support charities and social enterprises with great solutions to also be at the event. “
It’s world Emoji Day on the 17th
Emoji’s have been used since the beginning of the internet to transmit emotion in the written medium. As internet technology advanced, so did the use of the emoji, with previously pure text bits of ascii art turning into full-fledged animated faces and symbols. We’ve all used them, and we’re excited for the future of them! World Emoji day celebrates the history of these emotional expressions, and encourages you to be exceptionally emotive! After all, it’s always nice to let someone know how you’re feeling when you write, isn’t it? Emoji’s are just one more way!
The next Workshop Wednesday will be this week on the 17th of July and after that, we will be taking a summer break until September. At this next one, we currently have booked …
Confidence, Leadership and Power .. and stop apologising!!
All levels and genders are welcome, though the focus is likely to be on those who are less (or no) experienced in python. We would warmly welcome those who have a few python skills already and would be willing to support the groups – it will be a fun way of helping your own development, as well as being a great addition to your CV!
and various discussions with people wanting to support other workshops after the summer!
News & events coming up
We have moved our Conference events onto our events page as this newsletter was getting a tad too big, check them out here
District 1 – Bristol
Monday the 15th
- umBristol Talks – July 2019 by umBristol
- SEND Maths Conference – Bristol
- Assisted Living Action Network: Digital tools to support a more physically…
- Introduction to Social Media
Tuesday the 16th
- WebDev101 by CodeHub Bristol
- Bristol Data Scientists Meeting – July 2019 by Bristol Data Scientists
- Data Bristol: Azure Databricks – Apache Spark–based analytics service by Data Bristol
- Intellectual Property (IP) & Design Clinics
Wednesday the 17th
- Workshop Wednesdays by Women’s Tech Hub ~ Bristol
- Python Self-Led Study Groups: 3rd meeting by CodeHub Bristol
- UCD Bristol 20 – Open Mic – What did you learn at UX Bristol? by UCD Bristol (User Centred Design, UX, Research)
- Dockerize your dev environment by Bristol PHP Training
- Techie Brekkie #8 / Women in Tech / Leadership & People Management in Technology by Techie Brekkie Bristol
- Casual Co-working At Prince Street Social by Bristol Co-Workers
- Apprenticeship Open Evening
Thursday the 18th
- Casual co-working at the Tobacco Factory by Bristol Co-Workers
- Fishbowl Event #1 – How does an
organisationstop doing Agile &Start Being Agile by Bristol Scrum Master/DM/PO and Agile Coach Community
- How to Hire the Best Software Developers – Techie Brekkie – Mayden Academy
- Marketing Strategies for Growth
- DBM #9 Growing Startups
Friday the 19th
Saturday the 20th
District 2 – Bath
Tuesday the 16th
District 3 – Weston-Super-Mare
Friday the 19th
Did we miss anything?
If you have any events that you want us to mention on our next