Okay not exactly a retreat more of a bit of a breakdown, re-energize and feedback on the year coupled with a bit of fresh air, shopping, exercise and we suspect some drinking (apparently Jacobs Ladder is the place to be). We’ve listened to the great TEDxBristol folk and will re:BOOT!
We have a lot of interest from companies wishing to engage and sponsor the Workshop Wednesdays which is great news. We will be putting together some packages to better support companies and enable us to feed ourselves (and pay for Falmouth! [just joshing as that’s out of our own pockets])
Whilst we are away though our lovely friends and members are stepping in for us to host our
Our next Workshop Wednesday is on the 20th of November – yesterdays blog announced a couple of things we have on this week but the ones not mentioned are ..
~ Ceri Newton – Agile in a (pistachio) nutshell: a brief introduction to Agile ways of working. Ceri will be running this hands-on session for anyone who wants to understand a little more about Agile – what it is, how it works and who it’s for. You’ll come out feeling refreshed, renewed, and ready to take on your next Agile project!
~ Speakers Corner: Let us know if you are interested in practicing a talk in front of a friendly audience
Calling all those interested in improving their knowledge of any subject in the field of web development. See CodeHub for more info.
~ Project Rainbow – WTH Supporting Non-Profits
Rainbow RDA is a charity based in Taunton in need of Web Presence to qualify for grants, attract volunteers, supporters and donations. The project needs additional team members of all walks of Digital Life to help bring their digital presence to light. They are affiliated with RDA.org
Women In Robotics
The Bristol Women in Robotics network invites you to its next event which will take place at Queen’s building at the University of Bristol on Tuesday, the 19th of November, 18:30 – 20:30. It will be an evening of talks and Q&A panel, followed by networking over some refreshments and nibbles. Our speakers will be Prof. Weiru Liu, Dr. Anne Roudaut, Ms. Cara Williamson, Ms. Beth Mackey, and Miss Ana Rubio Denniss. Everyone is welcome, but please register here early as tickets are limited.
Bath GirlGeek Dinners is back on the 26th with BGGD Reloaded #10 – Anthropology + Technology AND Networking hosted by Bath Spa Uni’s new Enterprise and Innovation Hub at Palace Yard Mews.
November the 19th sees the Bristol Women in Robotics annual event at the University of Bristol
We advertise any conference details we spot on our conference page – we’ll give you highlights here (our events and ones with offers come first and loudest obviously!)
Define Tomorrow 2019 – Business Technology Conference November the 20th
ComputerWorld brings a selection of the best global speakers, content
Bot-Talks | Bristol’s Robotics Conference for SMEs November the 20th
Bot-Talks is a premium conference and networking event based in Bristol. Bot-Talks helps provide SMEs with an overview of robotics and automation with presentations from leading industry experts, a world-leading panel discussion and a networking hall filled with exciting robot demonstrations; all here in the heart of Bristol City Centre.
Oh and yes, your drink will be poured by a robot.
Conference delegates are also invited to attend a tour and reception at the National Composites Centre on 20th November 2019.
This Week’s happenings
District 1 – Bristol
Monday the 18th
- Co-Working at Illustrate by Bristol Co-Workers
- Informal Mingle by Bristol/Bath Ethnographers, Anthropologists & Friends
- 19 – Autumn is upon us by Bristol and Bath Internet of Things Meetup
- Python Code Dojo by CodeHub Bristol
- WISE Knowledge Sharing Event: Setting up a Returners Programme in STEM
Tuesday the 19th
- Casual co-working at the Tobacco Factory by Bristol Co-Workers
- South West Ruby #22 by South West Ruby
- Cloud Migration: Data Warehousing & ETL in Azure by Data Bristol
- Come and have a drink with others interested in Bitcoin! by M Bristol Bitcoin: Bristol and South West Bitcoin meetup
Wednesday the 20th
- Workshop Wednesdays by Women’s Tech Hub ~ Bristol
- Techie Brekkie #12 // Lets talk Exploratory Testing with Callum Akehurst-Ryan. by Techie Brekkie Bristol
- Casual Co-working At Prince Street Social by Bristol Co-Workers
- WebDev101 at Workshop Wednesdays by CodeHub Bristol
- Crafting your elevator pitch and acknowledging your fear. by Meet & Speak
- Revolutionising Spaceflight Using Only Proven Technology
- Real-World AI for debt management – opportunities, risk & security
- IT for Work
- Dockerize your dev environment by Bristol PHP Training
Thursday the 21st
- Bristol Composites Institute / NCC Joint Conference 2019
- How is AI impacting Project Management – BCS Bristol Branch
- PyData Bristol – 12th Meetup by PyData Bristol
- Under pressure: are we running out of water? by Bristol Science Cafe
Friday the 22nd
We’re not running as we’ll still be at the beach and its a Workshop Wednesday week .. noone else seems keen so its a night out (or n) for you all .. have fun!
Saturday the 23rd
District 2 – Bath
Tuesday the 19th
Did we miss anything?
If you have any events that you want us to mention on our next