We are delighted to present a “FREE Introduction to Data Analytics for Ladies
We have teamed up with the brilliant girlstalkdata to bring you a free one day Intro to Data Analytics. It extends to anyone who identifies as Female and will be running in the new Desklodge House next to St.Mary Redcliffe church, near Temple Meads train station and is our first event back after our summer break So put Saturday the 7th September in your diaries and come along – sign up here.
Data analytics can not only be fun, but can also help advance your career regardless of your current field. Embark on this one day introduction journey to see for yourself. Maybe you fall in love again.
The day will consist of several sections from broader concepts explanations to a real scenario based tasks.
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Work of a data analyst: a day in
- Analytical thinking, basic data concepts
- Data extraction and
- Practical intro to SQL: function and data-cleansing
- Practical intro to
visualisations: best practices and hands-on exercises using Tableau, Qlik Sense or Power BI.
FIND OUT MORE:
Bristol Tech Fair
Due to popular demand, Women’s Tech Hub ~ Bristol are hosting another super inclusive Tech3Shed Careers Fair on Saturday 9th November 2019.
For this Novembers event, we have teamed up with Technotopia and the WISE Campaign to form Bristol Tech Fair and will be at Colston Hall, Bristol; this will be a featured event at the first Bristol Technology Festival.
We are just starting to publicise but actively engaged companies get first options 😊
Please follow this link summarising the detail of Novembers’ Tech3Shed Careers Fair Sponsorship Packages, and information about Bristol Tech Fair as a whole.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, queries on pricing or need information about how to claim your discount from previous Tech3Shed event etc.
Wednesday is Spumoni Day
As we like ice-cream we think this is the day for us this week
Spumoni is a layered, Italian ice cream dessert which includes cream, fruit and nuts, and is celebrated on Spumoni Day. On Spumoni Day (and indeed in general) it’s considered bad taste to spoon Spumoni, and necessary in fact to slice it.
We also found out that if you freeze ripe bananas (take skins of first we’d suggest) take them out and whisk them up they essentially turn into banana icecream – great for dairy avoiders!
News & events coming up
District 1 – Bristol
Monday the 19th
- Robots in smelly places and new ways to engage students part of BRL Seminar Series
- Customer Decisions; Your Consumer Buying Behaviours and Why They Matter
Tuesday the 20th
- Hack Night by CodeHub Bristol
- BristolR August 2019 by Bristol R User Group
- Bristol Power BI User Group with Microsoft’s Will Thompson by Power BI User Group – Bristol UK
- South West Ruby #19 by South West Ruby
- Leigh Woods Vaults: Two Hour Technical Hard Hat Tour
Science BasedTargets by The Future Economy Network
- Intellectual Property (IP) & Design Clinics
Wednesday the 21st
- Casual Co-working At Prince Street Social by Bristol Co-Workers
- Techie Brekkie #9 / Gary Stevens / Do you know the value of your personal data? by Techie Brekkie Bristol
- 1:2:1 – IP Clinic – Bristol
Thursday the 22nd
- Free co-working at Framework by Bristol Co-Workers
- Thirsty Thursday by Triangle Networks
- Karen Drake’s leaving do
- Costing, Pricing and the Breakeven Point
District 2 – Bath
Wednesday the 23rd
- Making shit better! @ the Guild
District 3 – Weston-Super-Mare
Thursday the 22nd
Friday the 23rd
- Social Media Workshop @ the hive
Did we miss anything?
If you have any events that you want us to mention on our next