This is for anyone interested in Data.
It’s for people wanting to find out more – not for the specialists. It’s about showcasing people in the industry that work in it and love it.
It’s about discussing what it’s about and what it could be.
It’s about the ethics of it and whether it’s something for you.
We’re reaching out to:
- Anyone who has previously studied in a related subject
- Anyone who has spent years working with data – (and yes this includes excel spreadsheets)
- Anyone who wants to translate from another discipline with an interest in data
- Anyone who just wants to find out more
- Anyone who has done research that involved data (large or complex)
- Anyone who wants to fix the world’s issues
9.30 am Doors open
10 am Start and intro from Women’s Tech Hub
10.45 – 11.15 Anna-Maria Wykes from Advancing analytics
Anna will be discussing what it’s like being a data engineer and how she works with the data scientists
11.15 – 11.45 Helen LLoyd from Dext
Helen will be sharing her story into Data Science and beyond with us.
11.45 – 12.15 Panel Discussion with our two speakers above joined by Kathryn Amitstead from Tumelo and hosted by Chew-Yean yam
12.15 – 1.00 pm Lunch break/networking
1.00 – 1.30 Intro and overview of the MSc
1.30 – 2.00 Ben Byford Podcaster
2.00 – 2.30 elena Hensinger From Elvie
Elena will share with us what it’s like being a senior data scientist in a femtech company