We set up our candidates page recently to support our members looking to further their careers and we have some brilliant members coming through. The full details are available on our candidate page here. We do charge based on trust but also look for companies with a good culture, the monies are to enable us to continue to support the women for free so please contact us on email@example.com if you want an informal chat about the candidates as we are happy to consider options especially for struggling businesses and SME’s.
We will be moving these blogs onto our tech3shed.org super inclusive jobs fair site in future when we get a spare second due to not running the events currently. We’ll advertise the members here though too.
A couple of our members set up websites to use for portfolios which we think are brilliant and what better way to show off your design skills.
Check out some great job hunting ideas
Gabs#1 (she’s just got a job though but we love her site)
Other candidates include…
Juniors because its their first job after graduation or they are moving their career into tech or returners after a break
- MSc Robotics; BA in Agricultural Mechanization and Automation
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering;Bachelor Degree in Education;Six Sigma Yellow Belt from ASQ; Maths Teacher;Senior Chemical Engineer (product safety, quality process and production);
- B.E. in electronics & telecommunication;Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering; Completed Software Testing course from SEED Infotech, Pursuing Data Analysis Certification from Udemy;
- Bachelor Degree in Illustration;Level 2 C&G Diploma – Web Design and IT;CPD Certificate in User Experience Design
- Senior Technical Project Management Consultant;Computer Information Systems Bsc (2 years); Bsc Psychology and Philosophy
- M.Sc. Electronic Engineering; Batchelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering; Management of Electronics Devices and Circuits; lecturer in Electronic Devices and Circuits, Digital Electronics;
Mid Level, some experience in the industry that we belive should be treated as such:
- PhD in Composite Design and Manufacture (UOB), MEng Materials Science (Oxford), Supply Chain and Purchasing Management, Associate Developer
- 8 years Project Programme Management in IT within Manufacturing & Media. 4 years within Organisational Design & Strategy Delivery
- 2 years system analyst, 10 years web dev/graphic design, also 2 years + pixel artist
- 20 years industry experience in Information Management and Business Processes
- Information Management MSc, DevAcademy, Full stack developer course, Mathematics and Computer Science Teaching (7 years), Automation Testing course
- Women in Cyber Academy Bootcamp, Information Management MSc, Psychology BSc, PGCE Secondary, Social Anthropology & Comparative Religion BA
- Senior Production Manager, Content Manager & Office Management, PA and Marketing Assistant
- MEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering;
- B.E(Bachelors in Engineering); Oracle certified Associate.
- 3+ years as a test engineer
- BA Medical Sciences & Psychology (Cambridge);MA Philosophy of Cognitive Science (Sussex)
Senior Level – the serious experienced ones – pervious is too long so just the job titles!
- Project/programme Management/BA
- Experienced Assurance Manager working in Safety Critical systems
- Experienced Head of Talent, Learning & Development
- Experienced Design Engineer with lots of Rail Experience including AutoCAD design.
- Finance-raising for tech companies
- BA/Digital Marketing/CMS management
We also have… (no charge here)
The University of Bristol has started a COVID-19 SME Internship Fund. The scheme provides paid work experience of 4 weeks for current students within Bristol based SMEs. Organisations taking part in the scheme will receive a grant per internship to cover their intern’s full wages of £1149.40.
The full details can be found here: https://engage.bristol.ac.uk/Uploads/Attachments/Internships-guide-for-employers-COVID-19-FUND.pdf
I am currently a PhD student in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering department at the University of Bristol. I specialise in photonics with a particular interest in Telecommunications, which is my background. Prior to starting the PhD I was a Optical/IP Transport Engineer at Vodafone NZ for a number of years, and last year completed an internship with Ciena in London.
I am well versed in various coding languages, data analysis, modelling, and report writing; among other skills (www.linkedin.com/in/zoe-davidson-5b029192)