Role – Chief Technology Officer / VP Engineering
Share options will form a significant part of the remuneration package for the first year.
LuJam Cyber is an Alumnus of both the NCSC/GCHQ Accelerator and the TechNation Cyber Scale-up programmes. The company has recently launched its first product; continuous cybersecurity, risk and compliance service for IT managed service providers to help them support their small to mid-sized business clients. The founders have many years of experience in cybersecurity, intelligence and big data. LuJam helps businesses secure their sensitive data, whilst also monitoring their technical compliance with recognised standards-based security frameworks, such as Cyber Essentials, ISO27001 and NIST. This is achieved quickly, effectively, every day, not just on one day.
Having already received earlier R&D funding, the Company is currently finalising significant seed funding to provide an 18 month runway.
Summary of Role
This key appointment will be responsible for delivery of the overall technical architecture, road map and efficacy of the solution in the hands of our MSP partners and their SME clients. You will also be responsible for recruiting internal and external technical talent to expand both the development team and the associated support operation for our partner sales channel.
It would be useful if applicants for the role had previous start-up/scale-up experience as well as having an excellent understanding of AWS (where our core IP lies) and Alpine Linux which are two of our key core backend components.
Additionally, a key focus for the coming year will be enhancing our User Interfaces and overall User Experience in response to our customers’ demands. An appreciation of Executive style Dashboards would therefore be an advantage. Good knowledge of IP networking and the major issues relating to Internet-based cybersecurity threats would also be desirable but not essential.
Using well established DevOps practices, lead, contribute, develop and oversee overall product evolution.
- Reach out to partners for critical feedback.
- Own the technical roadmap as agreed with the leadership team.
- Own technical documentation suitable for developers. (Specifically APIs)
- Push the limits to continuously create and enhance user experience.
- Work closely with other co-founders and team to identify business development goals
- Partake in business planning and help identify new business opportunities.
- Map and identify internal and external resources to meet the company’s short-term and long-term needs.
- Establish a first-class customer support operation
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company’s tech requirements.
- Build and manage the technical teams in line with the company’s culture.
- Managing technology budgets and deadlines.
- Meet with investors, other entrepreneurs and experts as appropriate.
Ideally, the experience of development across a full stack of technologies including but not limited to:
- AWS (specifically EC2, Lambda, RDS, Route53 to name a few)
- Linux and specifically Alpine Linux
- REST APIs
- Some knowledge of how to integrate with billing and payment platforms such as Stripe, Go Cardless
- Knowledge of WordPress framework
- Creative thinker with a passion for developing innovative applications.
- Attention to detail whilst being an engineer and not a scientist!
- An appreciation of all thing’s tech and digital… we’ll help you with the cyber knowledge!
- Strong track record of delivering to time and budget
- Computer Science related qualification is preferred or equivalent experience
Future – For the right candidate, it is likely that this placement could lead to a seat on the LuJam board.
We are happy to support a flexible role to suit the candidate and are keen to have diversity in the company so are happy to hear from anyone wanting to be involved and grow into a key role in a great and interesting startup. Please feel free to contact us if you feel being involved in an exciting and forward-thinking startup would be of interest to you and you feel you have the skills to be involved.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.