Salary: up to £80k depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Location: Remote/Bristol. At the moment we are only able to accept candidates based in the UK.
Who are we?
We are a venture-backed, impact-led financial technology firm. We believe every investor should be empowered to use their shareholder voice to create change on issues like climate, gender and human rights at companies where their money is invested. Our mission is to build and scale the technology to make that possible.
We’re a close-knit, fun and dynamic team. We champion autonomy and flexibility. We get stuck in and act strategically. We love food, rounders, board games… and having fun together, from canvas painting to cliff jumping in Devon!
We partner with the UK’s largest investment and pension platforms; empowering them to provide their investors with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about. Big change takes time but we are patient and ambitious in equal measure; influencing the system, building a movement, empowering the world.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to support our engineering ambitions and empower engineers as well as others involved in product delivery to do their best work. We are looking for someone to come into our modern cloud-based tech stack, cloud technologies (AWS/Google/Kubernetes), cloud IT (Office 365/Intune) to support the engineers, product teams, and product owners.
As an engineering manager, you will be responsible for:
- Engineering leadership:
- Propelling the team forward through your work
- Be a role model, inspire, support, and mentor engineers in their work and their growth
- Set high standards for the team and help raise the team’s bar to those incredible standards
- Communicating with the wider team to really understand what needs the rest of the business from engineering
- Inversely, communicating the needs of the engineering function to the wider team.
- Help to promote the right balance between delivering and other engineering requirements: team health, tech debt
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and high performance
- Improve our working practices to deliver faster
- Promote a healthy and sustainable engineering culture that balances team health and delivery
- Support product teams and product owners in understanding requirements and requirements from engineering.
- Unblock product teams
You should be a clear people person. Helping people, unblocking people, and seeing others shine should really be what gets you up in the morning. Our engineers are empowered to manage their own growth with learning resources and budgets as well as flexible roles. You should have demonstrable experience in this field. We also believe that leadership and inspiration are best achieved by the simple act of doing, we thus believe you should have a strong engineering background in order to really inspire and support where needed.
These are desirable rather than essential criteria. We welcome applications from people who do not have all the listed criteria but think they have what it takes and a willingness to learn by doing:
- Experience in building, supporting, and leading engineering teams
- Engineering experience in technologies and stacks that are relevant to us
- Experience in building stellar and high performing engineering teams
- Experience in tooling required to build high performing engineering teams
- Experience in developing health and sustainable working practices
What we offer:
- up to £80k depending on experience
- Generous company share scheme – we are all owners of the company and beneficiaries of our collective success.
- Flexible times with core communication hours of 10-3.
- We’re remote-first but we have an office in Bristol you are welcome to use, and we get together once a month as a team to strategise, build on our culture and have some fun.
- 5% employer pension contribution.
- Flexible holiday policy of 33 days incl bank holidays.
- As we continue to grow, we intend to increase our employee benefits package so expect more in future!
Working here, you’ll grow more than you would anywhere else; you will join a team who will appreciate you every day; your contributions will genuinely change our business outcome; and you will be proud to make a lasting, positive impact on the global investment system.
- Technical interview (1hr)
- Technical Task (~3 hours)
- 2nd Interview (1hr)
- Meet our CEO (30mins)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.