What you’ll do
In this role you can expect to grow and gain a huge amount of experience in Node.JS, TypeScript, Open Banking & Open Finance APIs, AWS, Kubernetes, Elastic stack & API development. They’re looking for candidates who are willing to learn (rather than being experts in these areas), but it’s great if you already have experience with a few of these things.
Initially you will be expanding their international Open Finance connections so good past experience with connecting to external APIs using OAuth is important. They help users plan and manage their finances with spending analysis, budgeting, investment tracking and scenario modelling based on an aggregated view of their finances. Their Open Finance connections make it easy for their users to access financial data across all of their accounts.
You’ll thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects, doing things the right way and producing high quality code.
Your work on their platform will help people get on top of their finances and make better informed financial decisions.
As a member of their technical team you’ll:
- Add and maintain data connections, predominantly in TypeScript.
- Improve their processes and tools through communication, automation and optimisation.
- Build automated tests as part of their continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Share knowledge of tools, techniques, new features and ideas with their team of developers and non developers.
- Apply broad knowledge of web technologies to provide security, performance and scalability.
- Solve issues and suggest solutions as part of feature development and support for internal and external API users and clients.
Who you are
They’re interested in people who:
- Understand software design principles such as functional programming (they use Ramda extensively).
- Enjoy researching and learning new programming tools and techniques and telling others about them
- Securely write and consume services, including external APIs.
- Communicate with accuracy and effectiveness
- Take a systematic approach to solve problems
- Have experience of using testing to validate solutions.
- Understand agile environments and version control
- Have a firm understanding of web security
- Work with different database engines (they use PostgreSQL and MongoDB)
- Are aware of technologies used for web applications, e.g databases, backups, CDNs and search, and of Unix-like operating systems, e.g. Linux and/or Mac OS
- Are familiar with working practices such as TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps (and want to learn more).
If you require any reasonable adjustments or you would like to speak to a member of the team before applying then just drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can speak to them about it.
About the company
Their story began when they noticed a big flaw in how consumers were able to interact with their own financial data. They were frustrated by the inability to see all finances in a single place, preventing people from using this to improve their financial wellbeing. Their tech team had a passion to make things better, and so, the company was born.
When Open Banking was just a theoretical concept, they created ground-breaking financial data aggregation tools for holistic financial planning and innovated the way to pay using bank accounts instead of cards. Now, they are a leader in using customer insights for the welfare of clients and users.
Life at the company
Their mission is to improve the financial wellness of people, their companies and their communities. They want to serve the whole population through every change in their finances. They do this by powering businesses through their APIs and white label solutions as well as their own personal financial management app for consumers. They can only do that by being an inclusive and diverse organisation. They invest in their people, and enjoy an environment focused on innovation, collaboration and openness.
They champion flexibility, and they trust and respect their employees to deliver results in a way that best suits them, working around their own lives and commitments. As well as a truly flexible approach, they also offer a fantastic range of benefits, including a 10% contribution towards your Pension from your very first day with us; Private Medical Insurance; an Employee Assistance Programme; Company Family Pay (which offers the same amount of paid leave regardless of how you become a parent); Life Event Leave; support towards your Professional Development and generous holiday entitlement.
They can only accept your application if you have the right to work in the UK (and we do not sponsor work permits). The company embraces flexible working, including remote working.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.