Meaningful work. Exceptional people
The company develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires them to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Their first product, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Their street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Their second innovation: The world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
The company has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, The company announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do they like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about their mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
They’re deeply proud of their values, which are intrinsic to the way they behave every day. They take them seriously because they want their culture to thrive:
- They’re fearless – They tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- They’re innovators – They are passionate, curious and data-driven. They are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- They’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. They stay authentic and embrace differences.
About The role
- Help design and build concepts and technologies for their next generation of products.
- Be active and involved in getting to the heart of the consumer insights.
- Define elegant but robust solutions to satisfy the products functional requirements.
- Communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD layouts, 3D models and working prototypes to evaluate potential solutions.
- Inject energy, enthusiasm and creativity into everything you touch.
- Apply sound engineering principles to technical problems.
- Apply an understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes and materials to optimize designs.
- Develop and execute verification and validation test plans.
- Be naturally curious and relentlessly driven to find better solutions to everyday problems.
- Demonstrate integrity and courage in the way you work
- Promote personal and group interaction across the product team
- Degree in Product Design Engineering or similar
- Appreciation for all stakeholders involved in new product development
- 3+ years of industry design experience
- Experience using 3D CAD (preferred Solidworks experience)
- Proven ability to manage medium sized assemblies
- Experience of rapid prototyping and manual workshop prototyping
- Experience of far east manufacturing (or the desire to learn)
- Effectively be able to work across teams with different decisions makers
- You are a self starter with great visual and excellent verbal communication skills
- A natural and effective communicator, capable of reducing abstract concepts to reality.
- Able to quickly generate visual and physical definitions of new products that convey key attributes of function and layout
- Self-motivated and obsessed with details
- Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
The company is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women’s health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, the company is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
They are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at the company?
They are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, their benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with:
- Great work environment – regular company socials, free daily snacks
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Enjoy employee / friends & family discounts on their products
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan with WPA
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.