Job ID 00000263999 Date posted 12/05/2021 Location Bristol, England Company
At the company, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Platform Engineering Scrum Master:
Within the Digital Services organisation in the company, the platform engineering team is running multiple sprints and looking for someone with strong scrum master experience of running multiple agile streams. The individual will have a proven track record of agile delivery and will be supporting an experienced team of platform engineers responsible for supporting critical IT infrastructure for the MoD. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is relatively new in the scrum master career to get involved. These are some initial roles within this team with an expectation of potential growth and a lot of wide exposure across various areas of business and technology.
- Organise and lead scrum ceremonies – be the liaison between platform engineers and stakeholders
- Focus the team to deliver within the cost and schedule constraints
- Drive continuous improvement across multiple agile teams
- Inculcate a culture of open communication across various platform engineering team disciplines
- In-depth understanding of agile methodologies with project experience in Kanban and Scrum
- Stakeholder management and reporting experience
- Ability to collaborate across multiple sprints with other scrum leads
- Strong experience in using JIRA and setup of JIRA dashboards for reporting across multiple sprints
- Experience of working in a secure environment with no direct connectivity to internet will be preferred
- Experience of providing inputs to multiple sprints
- Understanding of DevOps principles
- SC eligibility is required
- Hybrid Work Option (Virtual/Office): Yes with some travel to Bristol site as required
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
The company is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC). All information will be checked and verified.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to Sumit.Yadav@boeingdefence.co.uk.