Senior Developer (Python)
Your role as Senior Developer in the Portal team, you will be responsible for developing features that improve the way our customers keep track of their organisation’s skills, provide guidance to their teams, and measure their results and investment in training. Working within a dedicated autonomous team on product development creating best in class experiences.
Role, Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of server-side technologies Python, Django, Flask, Celery
- Real ability to write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with excellent documentation with unit tests for each feature and a discipline around bug fixing.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team, including engineers, designers, dev ops and product managers to quickly deliver new features for the platform.
- Work closely with Dev Ops to ensure smooth deployments, with any errors logged and debugged effectively ahead of the next release.
- Work within an agile framework (appropriate to the squad) to deliver iterations/updates using Continuous Delivery
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Understanding of Relational and NoSQL databases PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and Redis
- Web Components, Redux an advantage
- Agile Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- RESTful API development and Service-Oriented Architecture
- Caching strategy and solutions
- BDD / TDD / DDD and use of mocks and dependency injection
- Tuning and optimizing queries
- Cloud-oriented technologies – AWS, Heroku, Docker
What we can give you:
- Access to free QA training courses to continue your personal development
- Time off to support the charities you love
- Access to innovative delivery methods, and exciting course material
- Chance to work with like-minded educational enthusiasts; able to share and learn delivery best practice and industry leading knowledge
- Receive specialist coaching and support from your education leaders
A little more about QA:
QA is one of the largest learning services organisations in the UK, developing skills and capabilities for everyone from apprentices to business leaders. Headquartered in London, but with a nationwide network of state-of-the-art training centres, QA Group is comprised of four fast-growing divisions- Learning, Apprenticeships, Consulting and Higher Education- all of which deliver innovative and cutting-edge skills solutions to UK organisations
At QA, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.