About the job
Join a growing, collaborative team whose mission is ‘making the world more accessible’. CareScribe is building assistive technology to help people access the world and level the playing field.
We build technology products that help remove barriers. We believe that everyone has the right to live the life they wish and disability should not stand in the way. Our products are used by thousands of people worldwide daily. You can find out more about any of our products by visiting carescribe.io.
We believe that diverse teams create the best outcomes. We therefore encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this role.
Where you come in
We’re looking to grow our fledgling team to ensure it flourishes into a highly collaborative, positive, autonomous team with a high level of ownership over our products. Being involved at this early stage will mean that you will have a large say in how we get things done and provide lots of exposure to interesting, greenfield project work.
We’d like you to focus on the backend of our application, primarily on our Web application, written in Ruby, which is responsible for a lot of the business logic side, user administration and subscription/payment processes.
We’re looking for people at the Senior to Lead level of the scale. This means really taking ownership of how the work is completed, leading on our Engineering practices and bringing other developers along on the journey.
- Deliver technical solutions to product problems and company priorities.
- Ensure project deliverables are of the expected quality.
- Take ownership over the codebase for the duration of its lifetime, ensuring it’s efficient, reusable and reliable.
- Help shape ambiguous problems by working with others to give technical insight and remove unknowns.
- Identify and help prioritise technical and non-functional requirements.
- Help to shape Engineering function ensuring we follow a path of constant improvement in everything we do.
- Feedback and collaborate on others work to ensure the work delivered is of a high standard.
- Enjoys working in collaboration with others to ensure the best outcome.
- An inquisitive problem solver that keeps the user in mind when delivering solutions.
- Takes ownership of solutions from concept through to end of life.
- A solid understanding of the relevant technologies with a keenness to learn and continuously develop their skill set.
- A desire to be highly autonomous, seeking out solutions and driving them forwards
- Care deeply about other engineers and the codebase, ensuring it’s intuitive for the next developer that has to work with the code you’ve contributed.
- Competent in relevant parts of our technical stack. We don’t expect anyone to know all of these to a high standard, but familiarity with relevant parts of the stack will mean you can get up to speed quickly to deliver high quality solutions.
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Cypress (E2E testing)
What we offer
- Bristol based location with flexible working arrangements. We’d like you to be able to come into our office right by Temple Meads station approximately twice a week to help facilitate collaboration. Working location and hours outside of this can be flexible.
- Salary of £55k – £95k depending on experience and expectations.
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Cycle to Work Scheme – up to £1000 via salary sacrifice.
- Enhanced holiday – buy up to 5 additional holiday days per year and receive one free per year in service.
- Dog friendly office – for well behave canines
- Friends and Family – Free use of the software for up to five of your friends and family
- Free soft drinks in the office
- We’re working on additional exciting new perks constantly
- Apply – Below
- Initial call with our Head of Engineering to find out a bit more about each other and to explore if there is a mutual interest to move things forward.
- Culture and Values interview – A question and answer session exploring if you will add to our team culturally and if we have shared values.
- Project based interview – An overview of a project you have been involved in, including a demo and a look at some of the technology or code that makes it work.
- Final interview – A chance to go over any outstanding questions from either party to ensure we’ve not missed anything.
- Offer stage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.