Website https://twitter.com/NMIpayments NMI
What is the role?
We are looking for a Senior Linux DevOps Infrastructure Engineer passionate about IT to join our Technical Operations team as a result of NMI’s continued growth and investment in the underlying systems.
The Technical Operations team is responsible for the running of all hardware and software within the production and office environment. This consists of a WAN connecting different sites over the globe which has to be highly available 24×7.
There is an on-call rota that will require you to receive alerts for the infrastructure outside of working hours and to respond within the SLA by either fixing or escalating the problem accordingly.
This is a fully remote role (work anywhere in the UK), however if you live within a reasonable commutable distance, we’d love to see you in our Bristol office from time to time!
For this role, we are able to sponsor candidates who require a UK Skilled Worker visa.
NMI develops the most trusted payment software for mobile, online and in-store that is relied on in 38 countries, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles and New York, our payment technology powers millions of customers worldwide, ensuring they can take payments worth billions, securely and reliably. You’ve probably used our software when ordering a burger, paying for parking, buying something online or booking a train ticket – without even realising it!
A great place to work!
At NMI we are proud of our people-first culture, we know that our people are what makes NMI great and they are at the centre of everything that we do. We run Employee Engagement Surveys twice a year and are extremely pleased that our staff say our culture and the people are the best things about working at NMI, and we have to agree!
We have a firm commitment to strengthening the diversity of our workforce, and therefore welcome and encourage applications from all communities and underrepresented groups.
We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to NMI, as diversity makes us stronger.
What will I be doing?
This role focuses on the production data centre infrastructure, including the hardware, operating systems and core software packages. You will be mainly focused on project work to evolve and improve the systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in major projects involving Linux Operating Systems, automation, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Support the Technical Operations Team
- Maintain and troubleshoot Linux servers / DevOps applications
- Deliver end to end implementation of major projects
- Be part of the on-call rota
- Have some exposure to Windows Server operating systems
- Maintain system documentation
- Perform incident resolution, root cause analysis of outages and implement solutions to systematic failures.
- Have an interest in helping transform systems and processes to handle sustained growth
- Complete automation of server builds and deployments using configuration management
- Develop monitoring scripts and systems
- Oversee hardware lifecycle management
- Perform private to public cloud migrations
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Linux/Unix systems engineering, architecture and analysis.
- Implementation of major projects
- Ansible, automation & scripting
- TCP/IP networking, hardware, datacentre administration
- TLS Certificates / PKI
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- AWS and/or GCP Cloud Infrastructure
- HashiCorp Nomad/Consul/Terraform
- ELK Stack
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- VMware / virtualisation experience
- Knowledge of information security best practices
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary of £50,000 – £60,000
- Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Private medical insurance (upon successful completion of your probationary period)
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- A flexible hybrid working arrangement
- Great work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- Family Friendly policies (Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay and Shared Parental Leave).
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Lifeworks, an Employee Assistance Programme which offers wellbeing, family and financial support services, such as assessments, resources and even 1:1 counselling sessions. It also offers interesting perks such as discounts on gyms, restaurants, high street retailers and cinema tickets.
- A strong commitment to employee wellbeing including mental health first aiders and weekly yoga sessions.
- Employee referral scheme with generous financial reward
- Bonusly colleague reward scheme
We’re looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then please click on ‘Apply for this job’!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support throughout the recruitment process to applicants who have a disability. Please let us know in advance so that any support, aids or adaptations can be put in place to assist you.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.