- Location: Taunton, Somerset – Remote available
- Contract type: Permanent
- Hours: Part time, Full-time, Flexible working
- Salary: £43,889 – £46,483 – A Recruitment and Retention Allowance up to a maximum of £8,000 is also applicable to this role on top of the basic salary. It is awarded according to a framework of specialist skills, knowledge and experience.
Our Senior Test Automation Engineer role offers the opportunity to shape testing at UKHO and unrivalled learning and development opportunities in an expanding engineering team.
About the UKHO
UKHO is an executive agency, sponsored by the Ministry of Defence. We work with a wide range of data suppliers and partners, surveying and charting the world’s oceans in order to develop and serve world leading software and data solutions to commercial shipping companies, navies and maritime organisations. Our products ensure safe navigation and global trade efficiency and support other marine activities including economic development, environmental protection, resource exploration and utilisation, scientific research and security and defence.
About the role
The role will provide technical leadership in software testing and assurance, supporting and enabling our development support team in their delivery of the UKHO digital vision.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer you will:
- Write Test Automation Code, including maintaining and implementing test frameworks.
- Create test strategies, plans and other testing documents for major/complex projects or changes to ensure appropriate test coverage, maximise defect detection prior to release and confirm customer requirements and expectations are met.
- Design and write relevant tests, both automated and manual to ensure that software both meets the requirements and does not cause any unintended issues.
- Take an active role in software development events, such as daily scrums, sprint planning, refinement etc.
- Coordinate and work with the other development teams to ensure that application and service testing ,data and security guidelines are adhered to in the design and set up of testing of applications and services.
We are looking for a supportive team player with a comprehensive understanding of modern testing techniques, including test automation, functional testing, non-functional testing, and technical breadth. Equally important will be your practical experience of coding languages used for writing automated tests in .Net.
UKHO is a great place in which to explore your career potential. While our projects are career-defining, the work/life balance that we can offer you is equally exceptional. From flexitime, flexible working, an award-winning office environment and a generous annual leave allowance of 34.5 days including public holidays, the opportunities open to you here are hard to beat.
For a full job description, including the assessment criteria, please click the apply button to be taken to our website.
Closing date: 11:55 pm on 5 February 2023.
UKHO embraces diversity and promotes inclusion and equality of opportunity. We are a Disability Confident employer, which includes offering a guaranteed interview to candidates with disabilities, providing they meet the minimum selection criteria.
To apply for this job please visit www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk.