Excited to grow your career?
The companies mission is to ‘help people save and invest with confidence’. They are looking for great people to join them.
JOB TITLE: Solution Architect
CAREER DEVELOPMENT PATH: Managing or Being an Expert
REPORTING TO: Solution Architecture Team Lead
The Solution Architect leads the design of affordable IT solutions that meet our client’s requirements and business needs and works with multi-skilled project teams deliver those solutions.
As a Solution Architect you will grow to understand the company’s IT estate and data landscape and our inherent strengths and weaknesses. Using this learning and your knowledge of enterprise technology and how it fits together, alongside collaboration with the right HL colleagues, you will identify how IT capabilities are best modified, enhanced or introduced to improve HL’s technology solutions.
This position also enables you to play an important role in HL’s ongoing IT evolution and technology adoption decisions and to influence our IT strategy evolution and delivery.
Solution design and picking the right mix of build, buy and reuse to deliver the right outcome
Communicating your designs and design decisions to key stakeholders to ensure the solution is understood, opportunities for improvement are identified and delivery of the correct solution is achieved
Ensuring your designs are in line with architecture policies, principles, standards and road-maps and comply with relevant privacy, security and financial services regulations
Key member of Project Delivery teams working closely with business, change and development colleagues and collaboratively across the software delivery lifecycle
Lead on technology assessments, engaging colleagues and suppliers as required, to investigate technology offerings and the value presented to HL
Supporting evolution and development of the company’s Solution Architecture practice
- Solution design and delivery in complex heterogeneous systems and technology environments
- Software and solutions architecture using standard approaches e.g. TOGAF, UML, domain driven design
- 4 years software development or requirements analysis experience, preferably with some years’ experience of working as a solution architect
- Good knowledge of the full software delivery lifecycle using both agile and waterfall approaches
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of software design principles, patterns and languages
- Data modelling, databases and software integration technologies
- A strong analytical mind-set with the ability to understand and convey complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical individuals and audiences
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills that enable you to work effectively, and influence, across all levels of the organisation and support the collaborative culture of project delivery
- Ability to work and perform effectively in a high pressure environment and deliver against promises and commitments
- Ability to negotiate, influence and persuade across the organisation
- Willingness to develop knowledge and learn new skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.