Salary: £30k – £50k depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Location: Remote/Bristol. At the moment we are only able to accept candidates based in the UK.
Who are we?
We are a venture-backed, impact-led financial technology firm. We believe every investor should be empowered to use their shareholder voice to create change on issues like climate, gender and human rights at companies where their money is invested. Our mission is to build and scale the technology to make that possible.
We’re a close-knit, fun and dynamic team. We champion autonomy and flexibility. We get stuck in and act strategically. We love food, rounders, board games… and having fun together, from canvas painting to cliff jumping in Devon!
We partner with the UK’s largest investment and pension platforms; empowering them to provide their investors with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about. Big change takes time but we are patient and ambitious in equal measure; influencing the system, building a movement, empowering the world.
We’re looking for a UX designer ready to tackle any challenge and push our user platform to the next level. You’ll be working in a cross-collaborative team working within a Scrum framework and adopting agile attitudes to bring exceptional designs to our users faster.
The role objectives are to:
- Use your design skills to craft the most amazing, mobile-first user experiences for our web-based platform (accessed on all device types). Together, our design team shapes our product.
- Create early, conceptual wireframes for user testing, and final working prototypes for validation before technical build.
- Collaborate with technical engineers to bring validated ideas to life.
- Champion the design process and inspire creative thinking.
To reach these objectives you will:
- Apply your understanding of user-centred design and design thinking principles for responsive digital experiences. You’ll bring previous experience from concept to launch and beyond, from success stories and learning opportunities.
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications.
- Generate new ideas and design iterations on a regular basis, ready for user testing and/build by our devs.
- Collaborate with our technical engineers to balance feasibility with ideas that push the boundaries.
- Regularly evaluate the UX effectiveness of our existing products looking to constantly improve the user experience. This may also include using online tools, such as screen readers, to aid the evaluation.
- Develop and work within a design system to ensure consistency and efficiency as the business grows. This design system is for use by the UX team and developers and should adhere to WCAG 2.0 Accessibility standards.
- Translate design concepts into tickets for software development. You will write these with the support of a cross-discipline team.
- Define and develop designs that align and complement our existing UI.
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team including research, design, developers, content writers, marketing and business development.
- Get involved in different aspects of digital product development. You might become a feature champion or you might move around squads to work on a range of UX and UI projects.
- You definitely don’t need finance experience but you must be willing to learn, and quickly!
We have industry-leading customers who love our product; heaps of energy; and the opportunity of a lifetime lying ahead of us. With that in mind, we are looking for a passionate designer to form part of our small, but brilliant design team driving our product towards success.
These are desirable rather than essential criteria. We welcome applications from people who do not have all the listed criteria but think they have what it takes and a willingness to learn by doing.
- You have 3 years (or more) of experience as a UX/UI designer in a responsive (digital) environment.
- You have experience working on a wide range of design projects and can understand how to apply UX/UI design principles across industries. This might include work at financial technology companies, at a start-up or at a user experience agency.
- You have experience working in a cross-functional, Scrum team.
- You have experience in designing digital products to accessibility standards.
- You have experience or have been involved in UX research in the past. Whether you have been running the sessions or involved in an observation capacity, you’ve seen how research interfaces with design, specifically for IOS, web and android.
- You have an established design process but you’re flexible and ready to deal with new challenges.
- You love to share your knowledge and insights in design with the team.
- You know the power of good communication; your spoken and written English is brilliant. And you know how to speak the language of different teams: from tech to marketing, to design and sales.
- You are passionate about social or environmental issues.
We are trying to build a team that can conquer every challenge, speak every language, and understand every user. We have an ambitious mission to change the world so we hope to lead by example with a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the world we want to see. For the time being, you must have the right to work in the UK.
What we offer:
- £30k – £50k salary, dependent on experience.
- Generous company share scheme – we are all owners of the company and beneficiaries of our collective success.
- Flexible times with core communication hours of 10-3.
- We’re remote-first but we have an office in Bristol you are welcome to use, and we get together once a month as a team to strategise, build on our culture and have some fun.
- 5% employer pension contribution.
- Flexible holiday policy of 33 days incl bank holidays.
- As we continue to grow, we intend to increase our employee benefits package so expect more in future!
Working here, you’ll grow more than you would anywhere else; you will join a team who will appreciate you every day; your contributions will genuinely change our business outcome; and you will be proud to make a lasting, positive impact on the global investment system.
- Technical interview (1hr)
- Technical Task (~3 hours)
- Second Interview (1hr)
- Meet our CEO (30mins)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.