Tumelo is an impact-led financial technology firm.
Our mission is to enable retail investors and pension members to create and benefit from a more sustainable investment system.
We do this by partnering with investment and pension providers, enabling them to provide their customers with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about, such as gender equality, human rights or climate change.
Our solution is white-label software delivered via APIs and a user dashboard. This software integrates with existing investment platforms improving customer engagement, acquisition and retention for providers – and driving a more sustainable investment system for everyone.
We’re a close-knit, open and honest team who work collaboratively. Usually Bristol-based, we work in an agile manner; and champion transparency both within our team and externally.
We run two-week sprint cycles to maximise the productivity of product development, including morning stand-ups, sprint planning sessions, demos, retrospectives and celebration events (dinners, drinks, sport, board games… and for our first team retreat we spent a weekend exploring, dancing, painting and cliff jumping in Devon!)
We foster learning and development and champion autonomy, and we make time to connect and reflect as a team.
We practised flexible working (with core hours 10-4 and optional work from home) pre-COVID. As COVID continues, we have committed to being a remote-first team until at least November. We would love to re-gain some face time (because some playfulness is lost when working fully remote) but we’ll be working out exactly what that looks like – with the team – over the coming months and are planning to be even more flexible going forward. We’re super keen to keep the beating heart of Tumelo in Bristol and to support the South West community that has given us the most gracious home since founding 2 years ago. Don’t let location stop you from applying, but please specify your predicted circumstances from Jan 2021.
- being ambitious
- long-term thinking
- open hearts
- bring the magic
- thoughtful listening Overview
This is an exceptional opportunity to design and deliver a world-class digital experience that activates and support our users to change the world with their investments.
As a designer at Tumelo, you will design, develop and deliver (1) product features our users love (2) designs to delight and grow our user-base (3) a brand and brand materials to win B2B sales partners.
In this role, you will be collaborating with Tumelo’s nascent but powerhouse UX Research & Design team. You’ll also be working closely with our engineering and marketing teams. Essentially, all of us (so you better love communicating)!
As a designer at Tumelo, you will:
- create and implement beautiful, responsive and engaging visual designs for our platform’s UX and UI, our marketing and our brand
- design and implement user-led consumer campaigns
- run and participate in product experimentation meetings
- communicate your design rationale to our team and stakeholders
- share your knowledge and contribute to Tumelo’s design culture and style guide
- evolve Tumelo’s brand into leading a B2B2C investment software
- designing sales decks and proposals (for sales)
- design pitch decks (for fundraising)
- We are looking for an exceptional individual who encapsulates our company values.
- You are passionate, with high integrity, a hands-on attitude, and an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
- You flourish with autonomy and independence.
- You have the flexible attitude required in a start-up environment, and the capacity and willingness to continuously adapt as Tumelo develops and grows.
- You’re a good project manager with the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and prioritise between ongoing daily tasks, project-based work and emergent opportunities.
- When time allows, you are reflective and dream big. But you’re a speedy worker who can handle high pressure and a quick turn around when deadlines are tight
- You have a demonstrable passion for social, environmental and/or governance issues.
- You are creative and curious, with a flair for marketing
- You are not afraid to ask for help.
- You are quick to pick up digital tools and software.
- You have the right to work in the UK with fluent spoken and written English.
These are desirable rather than essential criteria. We welcome applications from people who do not have all the listed criteria but think they have what it takes and a willingness to learn by doing.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a visual designer in a responsive (digital) environment
- You have led or been influential in consumer-facing design projects
- You have produced product wireframes or UI
- You have excellent knowledge of Adobe CC suite, MailChimp, Microsoft Office Suite
- You have experience with videography (nice to have)
- You have experience collaborating with engineering teams (nice to have)
- Full-time role preferred but if you’re great for this role and not FT then reach out anyway
- Flexible with core ‘with the team’ hours 10-4
- Ideally, you are close enough to Bristol so you can work with the team on a weekly/fortnightly basis
- Competitive salary based on experience (£25,000-£35,000)
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday (incl bank holidays)
- Company share options
- email application
- remote video interviews
- design/technical task if required
If Tumelo sounds like a bit of you and if you are excited to ride this rollercoaster alongside us, then please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up-to-date CV
- A short cover letter explaining the life experience that makes you amazing; why you’re good for us and especially why we’re right for you
- Tell us what excites you most about Tumelo
Start date: ASAP
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.