Senior Performance Analysis Engineer
Senior Performance Analysis Engineer
- Employer ref: 2022-6264
- Hours: Full Time
- Location: Cambridge, Bristol, Cambridgeshire, Gloucestershire, Somerset, United Kingdom
- Style of work: Hybrid, Flexible
- Closing date: 30/06/2023
Posted: 1 May 2023
Our ref: WTJ-3202
Arm's Client Performance Analysis team is a team of highly motivated engineers ensuring that we maintain our leadership in mobile computing by helping our partners build outstanding products. Using detailed competitive analysis, sophisticated workload characterisation and advanced software modelling, we are regularly influencing Arm's engineering teams and its partners.
Would you love to investigate performance issues and suggest product improvements on the different parts of a Mobile Phone’s System-on-a-Chip? Would you like to analyse the performance of Arm’s future CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and Interconnect IPs when they are working together?
Arm’s Client Performance Analysis team is a team of highly motivated engineers ensuring that we maintain our leadership in mobile computing by helping our partners build outstanding products. Using detailed competitive analysis, sophisticated workload characterisation and advanced software modelling, we are regularly influencing Arm’s engineering teams and its partners.
You will join the Systems Performance Analysis team within Central Technology as the System Analysis Engineer. You will run experiments on a pre-Silicon SoC environment analysing the performance of the different Arm components (CPU, GPU, etc) using use-cases close to the ones run on mobile phones. You will help bringing up some of these use cases and understanding their behaviour on future mobile phones. You will be in charge of finding the different potential bottlenecks and help providing solutions.
More than anything else, you have a willingness to absorb as much as possible about this new challenge. Given the impact and reach of this field, you’ll be encouraged to share this knowledge with other specialists across the company. This is centred around promoting and demonstrating the Arm core beliefs and behaviours.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Detailed understanding of computer architecture.
- Experience on Python or Ruby, Assembly language, ideally in Arm assembly, and programming languages such as C or C++
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work in teams and to collaborate with colleagues in other groups and sites.
- Proactive and motivated.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Unix, scripting, and source control systems (e.g., Git, Subversion).
- Familiarity with one or more CPU instruction sets.
- Familiarity with SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with ARM architectures.
- Experience with compilers and/or device drivers.
- Flair for lateral thinking and problem solving.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative, healthy and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One paid working day each year (Team-ARM)
- Cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
How to apply
Apply directly with the employer.Visit the website