Tech3Shed returns for its second outing at this year’s’ Bristol Technology Festival. It’s super-inclusive and exists to help companies get past the barriers to
For anyone wanting to come & meet companies whether you are currently skilled and looking, returning after a career break or simply tech-curious then this is the Fair for you. We promise you will NOT be ignored due to not looking like or being ‘BOB’ .. and we are happy to introduce you to companies that you are interested in. You are all welcome to come for FREE .. signup here on Eventbrite
So sign up now if you are looking for a new role or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a company wanting to sponsor and truly support diversity in Tech.
Next Weeks Workshop Wednesday is seriously packed with great stuff – so much that we’ve put the details here. Big thanks to Toumetis for sponsoring the pizzas!!
We also have the great Gwen wanting to practise her talk for I’ll Be Back South West – 17 September – eventbrite here
Working title = “Can you hear me now?”: How having coverage for comms has morphed from good to….. bad?
I’m interested in how technology is affecting how we assess and
We’re accustomed to talking with and listening to devices like Alexa and Siri. That their staff listen into conversations has surprised some – but how many of us review the T’s & C’s to our mobile phones or mobile apps? There are plenty of surprises if you do. The unknown privacy issues are also interesting – if you step into a new room, how do you discover what smart devices are listening in? There is no standard “if you’re listening, recording or seeing me declare yourself” protocol. Yet we retain a unique gift of sensing when someone is stressed or not well just by hearing their voice. And the rise of podcasts illustrates that as the world gets more intense, the quiet comfort we get from blocking out the real-world and listening to a voice in isolation. Voice ID is used to authenticate me when I call my bank. Today, we trust voice.
But as technology moves forward, will anything stop deep fake from being used to generate comforting conversations with loved ones who are no longer with us? Or negotiate a tricky deal? What if the deep fake videos we’ve seen could be rendered live, with words, voice, and images created in response to what is heard? Skype job interviews will never be the same again. I’d like to talk about how these new technologies are being accepted and rejected. How we are adapting to talking with things other than our friends and the cat. And how our perception of In Real Life and fiction is adapting to the new situations we encounter.
The Verizon man said can you hear me now down the phone; is the only way to know that it’s the real me you’re talking to meet me for coffee?
We advertise any conference details we spot on our conference page – we’ll give you highlights here (our events and ones with offers come first and loudest obviously!)
Bath Girl Geek Dinners are on the 17th – BGGD Reloaded #8 – Lets talk about AI
Bristol Girlgeek Dinners on the 19th @ Lloyds Bank .. they’re promising it will be really exciting …
- Digital Gaggle Conference September the 19th
- FUTURES Up Late @ We The Curious September the 28th
- Digital Advertising: 2020 & Beyond September the 28th
- Django Girls Workshop October the 18th & 19th
- Agile in the City: Bristol 2019
WednesdayNovember the 6th – 9th
arerunning on SundayNovember the 17th at the Old Vic, get tickets here
- Define Tomorrow 2019 – Business Technology Conference November the 20th
Mayden Academy also
This Week’s happenings
District 1 – Bristol
Monday the 9th
- Introduction to Digital (also on thursday in Knowle)
Tuesday the 10th
- WebDev101 by CodeHub Bristol
- Business Brainstorm + Talk with Saf Nazeer, Co-founder, Helpfulpeeps by Bristol Business Brainstorm
- South West Data Social by South West Data
- OneSharedEarth Bristol Networking
Wednesday the 11th
- Workshop Wednesdays by Women’s Tech Hub ~ Bristol
- Python Self-Led Study Groups by CodeHub Bristol
- Essentials of business plan in raising bank funding – Session2 by Women Tech Founders
- Casual Co-working At Prince Street Social by Bristol Co-Workers
- SW Founders – September | FreeAgent: From Bootstrap to Acquisition by South West Founders
- Don’t shame the Butler by PHPSW
- Containerisation, Microservices
- Entrepreneur Network Event – Innovation
- Innovation For Business #natwestboost
- Destination Success
Thursday the 12th
- Casual co-working at the Tobacco Factory by Bristol Co-Workers
- QTEC Technology Showcase: Bristol
- Innovations in Technology: Breakfast Briefing Part IV
- Online Safety & Devices
Friday the 13th
Saturday the 14th
- UNIT DX | Laboratory Tour part of Bristol Open Doors
District 2 – Bath
Monday the 9th
District 3 – Weston-Super-Mare
Tuesday the 10th
Did we miss anything?
If you have any events that you want us to mention on our next