BIG THANKS to everyone who came along to our Tech3Shed Careers Fair, we loved it and hope that everyone who came did too. The companies were amazing with their willingness to engage with the attendees and not only discuss their job openings but also offering careers advice in many cases. We thought you were wonderful and want to say a big thank you for taking the risk in a new venture and supporting it. The feedback we had from the attendees was really positive so let’s hope that this results in filling some of the job roles on show at the event. We will be doing a write up of the companies on the Careers website and the sponsoring companies will also have a years membership so expect to hear more from us about them in the coming weeks.
Also – not to be forgotten, Big thanks to the builders and staff at desklodge for getting the floor ready (they were laying carpet as we set up!) and to our volunteers who were brilliant for supporting us!
OpenData is spending the weekend Jamming!
Come along to our two-day data jam and help make a bit of magic for Bristol.
Join us for a weekend of constructive fun. Together we will develop projects that unite great ideas, awesome digital and creative skills with open data (powered by the Bristol Open Data Platform, Bristol API, …).
You’ll be helping Bristol create ways of developing our local creativity and culture, and a fair and inclusive economy. In exchange, we will provide technical support, interesting speakers, free food and drinks as well
Open to techies and non-techies :).
News & Events coming up
- Bristol GirlGeekDinners will be at the ACCU on April 11th and sponsored by Bloomberg. We are just putting together the speakers for these, but you are welcome to sign up on the holding page on MEETUP
- On the 4th
Aprilsecurityclearedjobs recruitment fair is at UWE and we will be there with our Women in Cyber academy
- b-sides The south-west’s
all newcommunity-driven and industry-supported cyber securityconference hosted in sunny Bristol 20th – 21st June 2019 at the UWE”.
- We have 15% Discount on Data Protection & GDPR with OSPCyber training in March and April.
- Data Projects. Pitching and commissioning event – 1st April (no joke!) Will be constructive fun, and there are three available commissions of £1.5k.
This Weeks happenings
District 1 – Bristol
Monday the 18th
Tuesday the 19th
- Hacknight with CodeHub
- Digital Skills Masterclass: with Google and Arts Council England
- Start Something: ARM Holdings’ Climb to the Top
Wednesday the 20th
- Bristol co-workers at the Prince street social
- Women who Code are Sondheim, Seurat
andSoftware: finding art in code – with Jon Skeet
- West of England Scale up Summit with the Growth Hub at the engine shed
- Automating Data Visualization with Jean Golding Institute at the University of Bristol
- DigiLeaders360 Training – Bristol
- FLAME H2020: Interactive Media Research Trial at Bristol VR Lab
Thursday the 21st
- Co-working at Framework
- Girl Geek Dinners #73 is with Helen
LLoydfrom Xavier at the engine shed
- Charity Digital Tech Surgery with
- GetSocial: Networking for the Micro and SME Community by Getsetforgrowth
- Autonomous Transit, What’s Next? by Arup
Friday the 22nd
Saturday & Sunday
- Open Data Jam / Hackathon – 23/24th March
District 2 – Bath
Tuesday the 19th
- Bath Girl Geek Dinners Reloaded #6 – Success and Failures at Rocketmakers
District 3 – Weston-Super-Mare
Wednesday the 21st
- Free 1-2-1 Business Advice Drop In at the stable with the growth hub
Thursday the 22nd
- Free Drupal Site Building Meetup at the stable
FreeThreeFridays & Other stuff
Our regular Friday, women only networking courtesy of Desklodge is back again this week
If you have any events that you want us to mention on our next Blogpost contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.