It turns out its also the year of the water tiger (starting February – Chinese new year), which apparently comes with the characteristic of “Has a strong sense of self-esteem and learning ability” which we think is a very good sign for those wanting to skill up and get their careers on track! So on that note…
We have some cunning plans
Data Science Event
We started planning on this last year but have moved it to this year and can announce are provisionally planning on running this at the end of March 2022 aimed at people wishing to get into data science or simply interested in the domain. It will be a conference light event t presenting what Data Science is in conjunction with UWE data science MSc and other careers support. Any companies wishing to be involved then feel free to reach out as we shall be running a recruitment event as part of the day. It is a Hybrid event so anyone not able to make it in person has the opportunity to attend from home.
As we’re hopefully getting to the end of this and considering going back to real life events we have decided to ask all interested in coming to the meetups to join us for a discussion on what everyone would like moving forward.
We have the possibility of going back live to Desklodge, we are currently in discussions with them on the layout and format moving forward as it’s likely to be with restricted numbers to start with.
Therefore we’d like to ask the following questions:
1) Do people want to go back to live meetups
2) Do we want to run some hybrid events
3) With Hybrid do we want these to continue indefinitely to include people from further afield
4) Do we want to start later – so 6.30/7 as people are working from home and may need to travel in
5) What subjects do people want to cover
6) What you’ve enjoyed in the past and may want repeated
7) Does anyone want to be more active and host their own workshops
8) If you are a company would you want to sponsor occasional meetups to also advertise your roles
.. and anything else that comes up
We can run through the list and go through the attendees for their thoughts.
We will return regardless 2 weeks later. We simply want you to all have your say on what you want from the group.