It looks like there are some great initiatives coming into the area. We are aware that the government bodies have been starting a bigger drive towards digital skilling and lifelong learning so we’re keeping an eye out for any offerings.
DETI: Hopes and Challenges for under-represented people in digital engineering
The DETI programme is looking to play its role in supporting/ creating digital jobs, skills, and workplaces that support and include everyone, and drive innovation and creativity in the West of England.
Listening Workshops – June- July 2021
You’re invited to share your Hopes and Challenges for under-represented people in engineering as part of the Digital Engineering Technology and Innovation (DETI) Programme. Full invitation with details/dates/sign up form, all online, 60 mins duration.
Manchester Digital offering Bristol apprenticeships with BJSS
BJSS will be recruiting and training all their level 4 software developers UK wide through their apprenticeship programme. Their next cohort starts on 20th September and they have 2 places with BJSS in Bristol that they are looking to fill. They advise the salary will be between £18 and £23k plus employer benefits. BJSS will be able to provide more information on their salary and benefits during the recruitment process.
A few keys dates:
- Wednesday 26th May 1pm : Online webinar & Q&A for anyone that would like to find out more about the programme, the recruitment process, and eligibility, candidates can register here. They will be recording this session, so if anyone can’t make the webinar they can share the recording afterwards.
- Friday 18th June: Applications close for candidates so they can review and begin the recruitment process
- Monday 20th September: The first day of the apprenticeship begins with a 4 week get ready Bootcamp, they’re aiming for this to be face to face and it would ideally be held in Manchester (travel and accommodation costs would be covered) but this is subject to government guidance nearer the time (there may also be some flexible options here for women with caring responsibilities)
Free Wellbeing Workshop resources for companies
We spotted this resource for companies where you’ll be guided through a number of slides that will help you define practical solutions to:
- approaches you will take and behaviours you can adopt to support your mental wellbeing;
- early warning signs of poor mental health to look out for;
- any workplace triggers for poor mental health or stress;
- potential impact of poor mental health on performance;
- what support may be needed;
- positive steps.
Not so tech-related but may be worth you taking a look and nominating some of the brilliant women in your life. We also know one of the women involved so thought it worth a shout out.Continue reading “So you want to get into Tech?”