Looks like we are taking an enforced break for the foreseeable future while we watch the city and country react to the Coronavirus impact. There’s some great datasets in the MIT update here for those bored data people out there to play with, for the rest of you we suspect we will bump into you in B & Q / Ikea /garden centre or in the supermarket queues when you realise you forgot to stock up on chocolate oranges!
Update on our Events
So for Women’s Tech Hub & CodeHub’s Workshop Wednesdays – we have to announce cancellations as Desklodge have very sensibly cancelled external events, they’ve suggested it’s just for March – however, we will keep the events for April open but are playing those by ear so we really don’t know 🤷♀️! Keep an eye on the codehub slack as they may run some remote sessions…
For the Bristol GirlGeekDinners at the ACCU – there is no longer an ACCU conference 😢 they were very good and happy to support until the very end with sponsorship from Bloomberg even though they were not coming! So big thanks to the ACCU conference and Bloomberg and sorry that you have to cancel! We’ll try and put together an alternative dissemination event later in the year if we can and look forward to ACCU 2021!
Free Three Fridays (f3F)
Currently, we are continuing with these as they are limited in numbers and Desklodge is still open for co-working. If these do get cancelled we will be happy to meet with members in other public spaces to continue with our support for you. Please keep an eye out for the updates and if you would like to meet up individually during this period (all members) please email us on email@example.com and we will try and arrange a meeting.
While we are still running the fridays then please follow:
- If you think you may have flu, please do not come in
- Please frequently wash/sanitise your hands
- If coughing or sneezing, ensure it’s into your elbow or a tissue and avoid touching your face (we know its the start of hayfever season)
- Avoid being tactile i.e. handshaking, kissing, hugging etc (this is just us generally, can we keep this longterm please?)
- If you have come back off holiday in the last 14 days (from anywhere really) please do not attend … we also have holiday envy!
- We don’t have pizzas on fridays but if we did: we would cut the pizzas cleanly so you can pick up slices and not ‘tear and share’
Continue reading “So – what’s (not) on?”
Most importantly – support the people that made need help are they in isolation? do they need provisions? And most of all stay well out there 😷