There is a great new group in Bristol University called Women in Conversation.
We are very excited to announce our timetable for the Women In Conversation Conference 2019! Please watch this space for individual events, including speaker and topic announcements! You can join up on Facebook
We have started announcing the companies coming along to our Careers fair and have members enquiring whether they should apply for the jobs advertised or wait for the fair. Most companies are recruiting heavily in the region at the moment, so whilst we will be getting a chance to talk directly to them on the 15th and 16th March, always apply as they won’t wait if they find the right candidate which may well be you! We are still putting together the workshop agenda and we will also be teaming up with the TEDx Bristol team to do something – we will update you as soon as we know what! The website is www.tech3shed.org and to sign up on eventbrite here .
Continue reading “Introducing Women in Conversation”
Meet & Speak is finally coming to Bristol, this is an initiative that was set up by a couple of our members Fran and Karen and is especially to support Women wanting to know how to present and be heard. We know it can be daunting and their first meetup is called Crafting your elevator pitch and acknowledging your fear. This has been in the planning for a while and we’re very excited by it, it will also run is both Bristol and Bath.
- In this session we will be crafting our own 30-60 second elevator pitch (so called because it can be delivered between two floors in a lift), a succinct summary of our background and experience.
- We use a simple three-part structure to craft our introductions and practice saying it within the group.
- Then, working in pairs, we dig a bit deeper to find out more about each other. Four key questions will help us to craft a more interesting and extensive bio (useful when applying for a speaking slot).
- Feel the Fear & Do It Anyway.
- After coffee and cake we will discuss how to acknowledge and channel our anxiety about public speaking.
- This is the first of six monthly meetings which run on the first Wednesday of every month.
Our Careers fair is showing some great interest and we will be announcing in a variety of posts and other social media the great companies who are coming aboard. We will also announce the workshops, which will all be free and part of the fun, the website is www.tech3shed.org and to sign up on eventbrite here .
Continue reading “Meet & Speak anyone?”