International Women’s Day on the 8th of March and British Science Week from the 6th to the 15th of March – sounds like a week especially made for us. There’s some hashtags out there for you to use #IWD2020 #EachforEqual
International Women’s Day 2020 campaign theme is #EachforEqual
An equal world is an enabled world. Individually, we’re all responsible for our own thoughts and actions – all day, every day. We can actively choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women’s achievements. Collectively, each one of us can help create a gender equal world.Let’s all be #EachforEqual.
It’s late notice but the cabinet office did mail us to ask if we could help out (we can’t do much as its a busy week OBS!!) but if anyone else wants to get involved ….
We’d be grateful if you could consider:
- Incorporating #SheWritesHistory (for International Women’s Day) or #BSW (for British Science Week) into your social media posts.
- Directing audiences towards careers advice via bit.ly/science-SW
- Recording a 30-second video featuring a female member of your organisation/network speaking about which a woman who inspires them, or sharing any advice for young people starting out in their careers. Please send this to us and post it on your own channels with #SheWritesHistory.
- We’re equally keen to hear from men, speaking about a woman who inspires them.
- Highlighting any interesting science roles that are non-traditional and challenge perceptions – e.g. Graphic Design Technicians, Sound Engineers etc. using a short video and sharing these with #BSW20.
- If it’s not possible to source or record video, do let us know as images and quotes would be appreciated too.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can intro you
Next Bristol GirlGeekDinners is on the 26th of March
We loved the last one with Candide – note they are holding a pop-up plant shop/swap this week ” Pop-up plant shop for well-being hosted by Candide and LOOF ” and also all those lovely members that are interested in the Candide product (we know there are a few!) then they are happy to take any feedback or suggestions
” Our user testing team would really welcome any feedback sent to email@example.com (in any format; text, screen recording etc.). We also do user testing in the office so if people are keen we can put them on the list 🙂 “
Our next one we are just putting together:
GGD #81 Girlgeek Dinners, Women’s Tech Hub & Bloomberg live at the ACCU!!
Networking event hosted by the ACCU and sponsored by Bloomberg. Showcasing the local tech groups supporting gender diversity in the region
We are kindly being hosted by the ACCU again this year at their conference and brilliantly sponsored by Bloomberg.
The event will start with a presentation from Bloomberg (Details to be added)
We will then, as we do every year, use the event to give an overview of the GirlGeekDinners events – what we’ve been up to and are in planning for the year. We will also update on Women’s Tech Hub workshops and it’s networking events. Then we will be inviting our partners and collaborators to present what they are up to. KWMC, Ladies that UX, WISE, Bristol Data Science and Machine Learning Study Group, CodeHub, Webdev101, Python Dojo and others ???
This year we have invited other meetups in the area who are looking to increase their Diversity to showcase what they offer.
Currently this is the new South West Business Analysis group, PHPSW, SW mobile and anyone else that comes to us wanting to showcase. Mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be included.Continue reading “International Woman’s Day and British Science Week”