Autumn term is back on the 21 September with the lovely codehub lot
Codehub are hosting workshops on a variety of topics that, we hope, have broad appeal, eg Agile methodology, introduction to web fundamentals, how to refactor code etc. We have more ideas than time available so please drop us a line (firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com) if there are particular topics that you would like to see covered.
We will also have a place for those who would like to work through CS50 at their own pace and would appreciate an opportunity to share problems and experiences with others. CS50 is a great course for those who want to gain a grounding in computer science basics and several of our members have secured their first technical role after working through it. Thank you Kwan!
Code Hub are running a new Mentorship
Our next mentorship programme will kick off this month, providing an opportunity for those in the early stages of their career to benefit from the experience of those with more experience. We will send out further information on this shortly, so keep your eyes open if you are interested.
We’ll also have …
- Bristol Data Science and Machine Learning: this group is getting together for all interested in discussions on these topics.
- We’re looking at running possible women only python groups (TBC)
- We’ll also be available for drop ins if you want to have a face to face to discuss your career progression or getting into the industry. Pop along and discuss it or pre book with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up at any one of the following:
- Women’s Tech Hub ~ Bristol • Bristol
- CodeHub Bristol • Bristol
- Bristol Data Science and Machine Learning Study Group • Bristol
Anyone wanting to run games or other geeky stuff is more than welcome as is anything else people want to meet up and discuss (anyone interested in autonomous vehicles then I’m all ears).
The groups can run workshops if they deem it required and one-offs such as laptop maintenance/databases/Github/ etc
It is still around so anyone feeling ill, even if you think it’s just a cold, please take a lateral flow test.
If you are in the at-risk category then we would suggest not coming live and maybe attending the alternate Tuesdays codehub hack night may suit you.