The next online Workshop Wednesday will host three workshops and some catch-up time in between should anyone want to share any initiatives they are working on or seeking help with. For this please send us details beforehand and we will share the info on a slideshare.
Join on meetup
The next online Workshop Wednesday will host three workshops and some catch-up time in between should anyone want to share any initiatives they are working on or seeking help with. Software testing by Donna is taking a break over the summer as are the extra workshops.
The agenda is :
6pm : Zoom starts – info share and quick hi to everyone
6:15pm: 2 workshops running in separate rooms
Workshop #1 Bristol Data Science & Machine Learning : “Self-paced peer-supported study session”
You can join up on their direct meetup here https://www.meetup.com/Bristol-Data-Science-and-Machine-Learning-Study-Group/events/272235940/
“We will share some useful tips and tricks for Python, Jupyter notebooks, and Data Science. Plus share info about upcoming events, workshops and interesting meetups related to Data Science and Machine Learning.
6:45pm: (Zoom) Study time – yes! Time to carry on learning! Or talk about difficulties and challenges since last session – we are here to help. We are currently focusing on the fast.ai ‘Practical Deep Learning for Coders v3’ course (https://www.fast.ai/)”
Workshop #2 WebDev101
You can join here or via codehub https://www.meetup.com/CodeHub-Bristol/events/xjhrtrybclbqb/
If anyone wants to go work on a web project then we will open WebDev101 from 6.15 – and Rob will be there to host
7:15pm: Coffee/wine/cocktail/beer break – will stay live for any discussions
Workshop #2 and #1 are welcome to continue
Workshop #3 Kathryn Armistead running:
Python: Lesson 6 We will continue with the Udacity course and review lesson 6, up to section 16 (https://www.udacity.com/course/introduction-to-python–ud1110). This covers python installation, receiving user input and dealing with errors and exceptions.
8:30pm: Central chat and call out for any projects that people want to support etc. Also time to make suggestions on subjects moving forward .. we are currently putting them together so will show the list and dates moving forward.
- Please Join up on our meetup page
- All genders and ages welcome
- Please abide by the rules of Women’s Tech Hub
- We will not take photos or put any images of people attending and will ask attendees also to abide by these rules
- We may *with agreement* record sessions to build up a resources library for members moving forward .. we are currently looking at the best manner/tooling with which to do this
- We will be screen sharing and therefore do not expect attendees to share their videos
- Should any members wish to continue a conversation rather than attending the main workshops lease request in the chat and we can open up a breakout room for you – you can share video in the breakout rooms
- We would ask members not to speak over one another or the speaker – this is difficult so if possible either raise your hand or ask a question on chat so we can respond or put the question to the speaker at an appropriate time