The next online Workshop Wednesday will host three workshops and some catch-up time in between should anyone want to share any initiatives they are working on or seeking help with. For this please send us details beforehand and we will share the info on a slideshare.
Join on meetup
The agenda is :
6pm : Zoom starts – info share and quick hi to everyone
6:15pm: 2 workshops running in separate rooms
Workshop #1 Donna Grimmer presenting:
Join us for a chat and presentations relevant to Software testing and how it plays an integral part of software development.
Learn the basic concept of testing and how it is implemented right from the start of a project.
You can join the group here or pop in from their meetup https://www.meetup.com/Software-Testing-Online-Meetup-Group/events/qczdtrybckbcb/
Workshop #2 David Darke presenting:
A beginner’s guide on how to use Git, possible workflows and tools. He’ll also cover why it’s also important for solo developers to use version control.
WebDev101 Breakout room
We will open up a breakout room for the WebDev101 should any members wish to work on web development together. Currently, we do not have a host so this will be on request and we can leave the room open for the full meeting
7:15pm: Coffee/wine/cocktail/beer break – will stay live for any discussions
7:30pm: 2 workshops
Workshop #2 Kathryn Armistead running:
There will also be a Python beginners course at 7:30pm with Kathryn. It is following an online Python Course (https://www.udacity.com/course/introduction-to-python–ud1110), with fortnightly workshops to go over the course material with the opportunity to ask questions, share coursework etc.
8:30pm: Central chat and call out for any projects that people want to support etc. Also time to make suggestions on subjects moving forward .. we are currently putting them together so will show the list and dates moving forward.
- Please Join up on our meetup page
- All genders and ages welcome
- Please abide by the rules of Women’s Tech Hub
- We will not take photos or put any images of people attending and will ask attendees also to abide by these rules
- We may *with agreement* record sessions to build up a resources library for members moving forward .. we are currently looking at the best manner/tooling with which to do this
- We will be screen sharing and therefore do not expect attendees to share their videos
- Should any members wish to continue a conversation rather than attending the main workshops lease request in the chat and we can open up a breakout room for you – you can share video in the breakout rooms
- We would ask members not to speak over one another or the speaker – this is difficult so if possible either raise your hand or ask a question on chat so we can respond or put the question to the speaker at an appropriate time