The next online Workshop Wednesday will host two workshops and some catch-up time in between should anyone want to share any initiatives they are working on or seeking help with. For this please send us details beforehand and we will share the info on a slideshare.
The agenda is :
6pm : Zoom starts – info share and quick hi to everyone
6:15pm: Gabriella Morales (Gabs #1) presenting:
Looking for a job in the times of COVID – Confessions from an Engineer who went from unemployed to landing a job in these difficult times.
Tips on the do’s & don’ts of ATS compliant CVs, LinkedIn management, and online interviews preparation
7:15pm: Coffee/wine/cocktail/beer break – will stay live for any discussions
7:30pm: Sara Price presenting
First of a two-part workshop on what Business Analysis involves and ways to get started in this role.
Sara co-organises the South West Business Analysis meetup and has worked as a Business Analyst at a small consultancy and Dyson. Her background was in the arts before the Bristol Women’s Tech Hub lured her into the fun of tech.
Part 1 – Intro to Business Analysis – What do Business Analysts do? Find out what the Business Analyst role involves and where it fits into a tech team/project. With optional take-home workbook to try your existing skills out on Business Analyst tasks.
Part 2 – (on the 3rd of June) Intro to Business Analysis How do I get Business Analyst skills and experience? Explore what Business Analyst key skills look like and how you can learn these.
8:30pm: Central chat and call out for any projects that people want to support etc. Also time to make suggestions on subjects moving forward .. we are currently putting them together so will show the list and dates moving forward.
- Please Join up on our meetup page
- All genders and ages welcome
- Please abide by the rules of Women’s Tech Hub
- We will not take photos or put any images of people attending and will ask attendees also to abide by these rules
- We may *with agreement* record sessions to build up a resources library for members moving forward .. we are currently looking at the best manner/tooling with which to do this
- We will be screen sharing and therefore do not expect attendees to share their videos
- Should any members wish to continue a conversation rather than attending the main workshops lease request in the chat and we can open up a breakout room for you – you can share video in the breakout rooms
- We would ask members not to speak over one another or the speaker – this is difficult so if possible either raise your hand or ask a question on chat so we can respond or put the question to the speaker at an appropriate time