- Hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent
- Closing date: 31/05/2023
Posted: 14 March 2023
Our ref: WTJ-2978
The Mechanical Engineer will have at least 2 years in a similar role coupled with an interest and capability in CAD. You will be an integral part of the innovative engineering team involved in the design, development and verification of complete world class systems.
- Design, prototype, and validate hardware for autonomous vehicles
- Create engineering specifications on various vehicle subsystem parts
- Develop assembly and test procedures for new and current subsystem parts.
- Complete testing on vehicle subsystems to ensure specifications are accurate and fully functional.
- Be involved in full vehicle testing, accurately recording all test results.
- Remove components from vehicles to complete repairs and improvements.
- Work with contract manufacturers to ensure proper delivery of components
- Design parts for manufacturing and BOM creation
- Manage engineering changes for updates to existing vehicles
- Work with Hardware team to ensure safety through all stages of development
Key Skills & Experience:
- You will ideally have a Bachelors/Masters in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience.
- You will relevant industry experience designing products for production, including fabricating prototype hardware.
- You will have worked with manufacturers for 3D printing and metal work.
- You will be fully competent with CAD Software, including design of brackets and housings, wiring harnesses and electronic assemblies.
- You will be competent at designing weatherproof housings and have a working understanding of material and product limitations for harsh environments.
- You will enjoy being hands-on and familiarity with a machine shop with basic hand tool knowledge and experience
- You will have experience in PCB board and mechanical hardware development and test.
- You will be naturally curious and have a passion for robotics, and autonomous vehicles.
- You will be familiar with automotive systems
- An organised motivated self starter who is able to work independently with evolving programme deadlines and multiple priorities
- Passionate about engineering and enthusiastic about new technology having had prior experience of working in other engineering organisations
- Embraces change – enabling business growth through innovation, problem solving and creative thinking
- Deep, confident technical expertise having had experience in a leading edge technological engineering environment
- Able to demonstrate communication and decision making through good team working
- All employees are responsible for ensuring company resources are used in an effective manner to ensure optimal operating costs
How to apply
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com