Principal Verification Engineer
Principal Verification Engineer
- Employer ref: 2023-7718
- Hours: Full Time
- Location: Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset, United Kingdom
- Style of work: Hybrid, Flexible
- Closing date: 30/06/2023
Posted: 1 May 2023
Our ref: WTJ-3179
Arm’s Solution Engineering team is very thrilled to connect with SoC verification engineers in southwest of England.
Arm’s Solution Engineering team is very thrilled to connect with SoC verification engineers in southwest of England. New team members in Bristol will join hands with other RTL design and verification engineers spread across UK, US, France and Hungary to build best in class client (For e.g. premium mobile) compute subsystems, SoCs/testchips.
Arm is establishing a team to develop best-in-class silicon demonstrators based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions targeting premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive markets. Using the latest nodes (e.g. 3nm) and new SoC 3D packaging developments, Arm’s ambition is to demonstrate industry best-in-class performance by architecting, designing, implementing, and fabricating cutting edge silicon test chips. This is an exciting and unique initiative, where we are bringing in innovative talent and expertise from across the semiconductor industry to drive how the next generation of leading compute on Arm devices are built across the industry, opening up significant potential for the future.
Would you like to play a key role in defining the solution growth story in Arm?
Systems Solution team’s mission is to enable our partners by delivering a secure, performant, reliable hardware and software that are easy to use. Verification engineers will join a highly focused group where you will help verify our next generation compute solutions using innovative technologies, methodologies and tools.
- As a verification engineer with a knowledge of subsystems and SoCs, you will make valuable contributions to a team tasked with verifying functional correctness of the design under test.
- Key responsibilities will include building functional verification strategies, writing test plans, defining test methodologies, improving the verification methodologies, completing functional verification to the required quality levels and schedules.
- Working with project management on planning tasks, setting schedules, quality checkpoints, engineer will be fully responsible for the area of verification.
- Will collaborate with engineers from architecture, design, verification, implementation, modelling, performance analysis, silicon validation, FPGA and board development.
- Senior engineers are also encouraged to support junior members.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Worked on embedded C based SoC verification environments
- Knowledge of assembly language (preferably ARM), C/C++ and/or hardware verification languages e.g. (SystemVerilog), shell programming/scripting (e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.)
- Experienced in one or more of various verification methodologies – UVM/OVM/eRM, formal, low power, emulation
- Exposure to all stages of verification: requirements collection, creation of verification methodology plans, testplans, testbench implementation, Testcases development, coverage closure, documentation and support
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Arm system architectures
‘Nice to Have’ Skills and Experience:
- You possess the knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Practical experience of working on Processor based system design
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
How to apply
Apply directly with the employer.Visit the website