Staff Performance Analysis Engineer
Staff Performance Analysis Engineer
- Employer ref: 2022-6951
- Hours: Full Time
- Location: Cambridge, Bristol, Cambridgeshire, Gloucestershire, Somerset, United Kingdom
- Style of work: Hybrid, Flexible
- Closing date: 30/06/2023
Posted: 1 May 2023
Our ref: WTJ-3203
The Central Technologies Group (CTG) at Arm is responsible for defining the architecture of the best-in-class silicon demonstrators that are based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions. These designs incorporate a wide range of Arm components to construct a full system and target markets like premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive. As a SoC modelling engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the success of these designs by running system level performance analysis much ahead of the RTL and providing feedback to System Architects and IP design leads.
The Central Technologies Group (CTG) at Arm is responsible for defining the architecture of the best-in-class silicon demonstrators that are based on Arm’s IP compute sub-system solutions. These designs incorporate a wide range of Arm components to construct a full system and target markets like premium mobile, infrastructure and automotive.
As a SoC modelling engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the success of these designs by running system level performance analysis much ahead of the RTL and providing feedback to System Architects and IP design leads.
- Engaging with System architects on future systems within Arm.
- Creating full system simulation models using a range of IP performance models from across the company.
- Working with architects and design teams to characterize the system and finding opportunities to optimize configuration.
- Defining and leading investigations that are aimed at benchmarking the efficiency of new IP features in a full system context.
- Building infrastructure to enable better inspection and root-cause analysis of such systems.
- Helping to define future direction of system performance modelling across Arm.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with a strong computer architecture, microarchitecture, performance experience.
- Experience in performance modelling, workload analysis, performance bottleneck debug and analysis.
- Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and to collaborate with colleagues in other groups and sites.
- Proactive and motivated.
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA, coherency flows, interconnects, memory subsystems
- Knowledge of CPU microarchitecture.
- Experience in evaluating/benchmarking system level performance using performance monitors.
- Exposure to performance analysis and tuning in pre- and post-silicon environments.
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs, healthcare and wellness support. As well as other benefits such as a supplementary pension, and 25 days annual leave (with option to buy an additional 5 days per year). There’s even an on-site gym and social events organised within the company!
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunities at Arm
Arm is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Hybrid Working at Arm
Arm’s hybrid approach to working is centred around flexibility, where we split our time between the office and other locations to get our work done. We empower groups/teams to determine their hybrid working pattern, with an expected minimum attendance in the office of 20% per month, depending on the work, level of experience and team’s needs. In some cases, the flexibility we can offer is limited by local legal, regulatory, tax, or other considerations, and where this is the case, we will collaborate with you to find the best solution.
How to apply
Apply directly with the employer.Visit the website