Navigating Your Tech Career: Opportunities & Self Advocacy | Partner Event
27 Jun 2023, 7:00pm - 8:00pm
💫 Learn how to find opportunities and advocate for the career you want! Join WWCode Global, our Partner SThree and WWCode Bristol to learn from four technologists how they found success in their tech careers! 💫
🤝 About WWCode Partners and Partner Events
Women Who Code Partners are organizations that work with us to provide opportunities and educational content to help empower you to excel in your technology career. Our Partners are passionate about supporting a more equitable and diverse industry. Join these events for great content from technology leaders and to hear about opportunities to work with our Partners.
🗓️ About This Panel: Navigating Your Tech Career
There will be moments when you are ready for a change throughout your career. However, the change we need to make is not always clear. Whether you are looking for a new role, new project, or leadership position, it is important to understand how to find clarity on the next action for your career. Once you have an understanding of your next move, you will need to advocate for yourself. Advocacy can look like applying for a new role, getting promoted, or joining a company project.
Join Women Who Code and WWCode Partner SThree Bristol for a panel of technologists as they discuss navigating their careers. They will share how they discovered new opportunities and then took the leap to get those opportunities.
Join to learn from the speakers:
- How they discovered new opportunities.
- Their personal moments of career self-advocacy.
- How they have improved their advocacy skills.
- What you can do to advocate for yourself.
Why you should attend:
- Experience first-hand knowledge from diverse technologists who have become successful technologists.
- Connect and network with other members of the WWCode community.
- Hear about opportunities to work with SThree.
Meet the speakers:
- Rayhana Rahman – Software Engineering Manager, Neighbourly
- Kirste Worland – IT Services Director, Newcastle Building Society
- Rachael Cahill – Sr. Programme & Engagement Manager, Asda
- Varinder Kandola – Head of Permanent Division, SThree Bristol
💻 This is an online event. Register now.
🔍 See More Opportunities from Our Partners
Code of Conduct + Issue Reporting
Women Who Code is dedicated to providing an empowering experience for everyone who participates in or supports our community. Our events are intended to inspire women to excel in technology careers, and anyone who is there for this purpose is welcome. Because we value the safety and security of our members and strive to have an inclusive community, we do not tolerate harassment of members or event participants in any form. Our Code of Conduct applies to all Women Who Code events. Any issues? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.